Temporal tables are designed to allow you to look at the history of data in a table. There are actually two tables that are used. A current table and a historical one. By querying the temporal table, one can learn how the data appeared at a specific point in the past.
Here are a list of links that might help you learn more. Note that many of these are links to other sites and we cannot guarantee they still work. We also should note that some of these, especially Books Online, may change over time.
If you find broken links or think we should have more here, please leave a comment in the discussion for this article.
- Books Online - Temporal Tables
- Temporal in SQL Server 2016 - Channel 9 video
- First Look at System-Versioned Temporal Tables- Part 1: Creating Tables and Modifying Data
- Time traveling with SQL Server 2016: Temporal tables
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Temporal Tables
Continue learning more about SQL Server
View the index of features for the various versions.