Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Reformat via query?

Reformat via query?

Author
Harit Gohel
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)SSChasing Mays (614 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Yes, Category said it all....Hehe
Robert-378556
Robert-378556
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

"A coworker prank where the error text was directly typed into the Result Messages tab"
What? Can't do.
you can write some text there, but not in red. The "correct" explicitly says "error text", which is in red.
The correct answer would be a trojan, which reformats drive C, returns message and then passes the request to original sqlserver, which in turn returns the error message, because drive C is unexpectedly empty.

Can't format a drive in use? Right, the format command won't do it, but there are still ways to do it.
A trojan itself could be just a prank and just return the error message without doing any damage, but type the error text in red directly into message windows, nak.
Tongue
brewmanz
brewmanz
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)SSC-Addicted (489 reputation)

Can't do. you can write some text there, but not in red

I wondered how it was done (in earlier post in this thread), and it was explained. So, I've just tested it - and it works.
I suggest reading the forum thread before stating as facts what is in fact your (incorrect) opinion.
How is it done? In a new query ... (SQL Server 2005)
A) type 'xxxx', press F5 to execute. Note red error message.
B) type in midst of red message the required text in red
C) move cursor to start of red
D) type (in black) and press Enter

QED
Robert-378556
Robert-378556
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

I wondered how it was done (in earlier post in this thread), and it was explained. So, I've just tested it - and it works.

Ups, right. My apologies.
Nice trick. Smile
Simon_L
Simon_L
Old Hand
Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)Old Hand (393 reputation)

I'd be forced to shoot the co-worker methinks

Anipaul
Anipaul
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)

I didn't notice the category first. After 'wasting' 30 mins I checked the category then realize the thing. Great question....... Tongue

Aleksandr Furman
Aleksandr Furman
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)SSC-Addicted (462 reputation)

"Format C:\ COMPLETE" Takes me back to DOS days pranks. Nowadays we just add couple of zeros to the end of daily sales numbers. Tongue
OCTom
OCTom
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

Ah yes. Geek humor. I love it!

w00t
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.