SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The US Holiday

The US Holiday

Author
pchirags
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Happy Independence Day..
Revenant
Revenant
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)

Have a happy Fourth, Steve. I m opening the next bottle of beer and raising it up to you and to the great job you do.
Bangla
Bangla
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

:-P
OCTom
OCTom
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)

Cute.
JAZZ Master
JAZZ Master
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)

Cool Happy Independance Day! Whatever day that may be for you.
Rich Weissler
Rich Weissler
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Thomas Abraham (7/4/2013)
Thanks for the question Steve. However, in the spirit of harmonic international relations, I propose that we extend the same courtesy to other countries: August 1st for Switzerland, October 28 for Greece (Oxi! day), etc. ;-)

Oh, if only there were a way to submit questions of the day. ;-)
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Thomas Abraham (7/4/2013)
Thanks for the question Steve. However, in the spirit of harmonic international relations, I propose that we extend the same courtesy to other countries: August 1st for Switzerland, October 28 for Greece (Oxi! day), etc. ;-)

Send in a question for those days. Happy to slip them in there. I don't know what other independence days are out there, but a few fun ones here and there are good.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
SQLDCH
SQLDCH
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

Revenant (7/4/2013)
Have a happy Fourth, Steve. I m opening the next bottle of beer and raising it up to you and to the great job you do.

+1

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Fancy failing to provide the appropriate BOL reference[/I] in the explanation. I don't like explanation with no supporting reference Sick;

Why go for the British colors? I suppose they are American too, because in spite of independence you couldn't manage to pick your own colors so just kept the British ones from your colonial days w00t Cool. Pity you didn't keep the language too: it's a real strain writing abysmal Websterian misspellings like "colors" (which of course in any civilized language is spelt "dathan", but let's not go there) to enable West Pondians to understand what's written Rolleyes.

Surely it would have been better to drop the red? Or have green and orange instead of red and blue? Those ways you might at least have spelt "dathan" right. Hehe

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed the 237th anniversary. And that at least some of you remembered what it was about..

Tom

Revenant
Revenant
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.5K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (7/7/2013)
. . . Why go for the British colors? . . .

Probably because it was a good idea. Russians did it in about 1700, the French 12 years after the Americans and Czechs in 1918. ;-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.