The US Holiday

• Primo Dang (7/4/2013)

Lokesh Vij (7/3/2013)

I thought this to be the easiest Qotd ever attempted. Wondering why so many wrong attempts!!

Correct answers:48%(11)

Incorrect answers:52%(12)

Total attempts: 23

I think a lot of people might have mistaken keywords for SQL operators. It took me a few seconds to figure out which one it was.

+1

I guess people are getting confused between keywords and operators.

--
    Dineshbabu
    Desire to learn new things..

• The case-sensitive date format in SQL2000 causes all text to be displayed in yellow on an orange background, so I demand that my points are given back with extra as compensation for the damage caused. Failure to comply will result in me getting VERY CROSS INDEED. :crazy:

• Lokesh Vij (7/3/2013)

I thought this to be the easiest Qotd ever attempted. Wondering why so many wrong attempts!!

I think a lot of folks run the scripts then choose the right answer; I've noticed you tend to see a lower success rate for questions where scripts can't be run and you have to use your knowledge!!

• Primo Dang (7/4/2013)

Lokesh Vij (7/3/2013)

I think a lot of people might have mistaken keywords for SQL operators. It took me a few seconds to figure out which one it was.

+1

Fortunately, I'm in the group of the right answers. πŸ™‚

• Thanks for the question Steve. However, in the spirit of harmonic international relations, I propose that we extend the same courtesy to other countries: August 1st for Switzerland, October 28 for Greece (Oxi! day), etc. πŸ˜‰

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Happy Independence Day..

• Have a happy Fourth, Steve. I m opening the next bottle of beer and raising it up to you and to the great job you do.

• πŸ˜›

• Cute.

• 😎 Happy Independance Day! Whatever day that may be for you.

• Thomas Abraham (7/4/2013)

Thanks for the question Steve. However, in the spirit of harmonic international relations, I propose that we extend the same courtesy to other countries: August 1st for Switzerland, October 28 for Greece (Oxi! day), etc. πŸ˜‰

Oh, if only there were a way to submit questions of the day. πŸ˜‰

• Thomas Abraham (7/4/2013)

Thanks for the question Steve. However, in the spirit of harmonic international relations, I propose that we extend the same courtesy to other countries: August 1st for Switzerland, October 28 for Greece (Oxi! day), etc. πŸ˜‰

Send in a question for those days. Happy to slip them in there. I don't know what other independence days are out there, but a few fun ones here and there are good.

• Revenant (7/4/2013)

Have a happy Fourth, Steve. I m opening the next bottle of beer and raising it up to you and to the great job you do.

+1

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Fancy failing to provide the appropriate BOL reference[/I] in the explanation. I don't like explanation with no supporting reference :sick:;

Why go for the British colors? I suppose they are American too, because in spite of independence you couldn't manage to pick your own colors so just kept the British ones from your colonial days :w00t: :cool:. Pity you didn't keep the language too: it's a real strain writing abysmal Websterian misspellings like "colors" (which of course in any civilized language is spelt "dathan", but let's not go there) to enable West Pondians to understand what's written :rolleyes:.

Surely it would have been better to drop the red? Or have green and orange instead of red and blue? Those ways you might at least have spelt "dathan" right. :hehe:

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed the 237th anniversary. And that at least some of you remembered what it was about..

Tom

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (7/7/2013)

. . . Why go for the British colors? . . .

Probably because it was a good idea. Russians did it in about 1700, the French 12 years after the Americans and Czechs in 1918. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply