SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Visual Studio Code Names

Visual Studio Code Names

Author
webrunner
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Duncan Pryde (2/10/2011)
I just couldn't believe Datadude was an actual name!

I know, I can't believe it, either. I got lucky by guessing. Part of the guess was taking a chance that Datadude was one of the real code names.

-webrunner

-------------------
"I love spending twice as long and working twice as hard to get half as much done!" – Nobody ever.
Ref.: http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/powershell-how-to-write-your-first-powershell-script

"Operator! Give me the number for 911!" - Homer Simpson

"A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and says 'Can I join you?'"
Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html
Jamie Thomson
Jamie Thomson
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Hi all,
Just to be clear guys. "Datadude" is one of the colloquial names that I mentioned in the question. its not a formal name, nor even a codename, its just what the feature set has invariably come to be known as down the years.

cheers
JT

Jamie Thomson
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jamie_thomson
webrunner
webrunner
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.9K reputation)

Jamie Thomson (2/10/2011)
Hi all,
Just to be clear guys. "Datadude" is one of the colloquial names that I mentioned in the question. its not a formal name, nor even a codename, its just what the feature set has invariably come to be known as down the years.

cheers
JT

Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification.

- webrunner

-------------------
"I love spending twice as long and working twice as hard to get half as much done!" – Nobody ever.
Ref.: http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/powershell-how-to-write-your-first-powershell-script

"Operator! Give me the number for 911!" - Homer Simpson

"A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and says 'Can I join you?'"
Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)

I recognised some of the names, was slightly suspicious of the one including 2005 but reckoned that maybe the 2005 stuff just got an upgrade to interface to the 2010 team server, thought datadude was probably the culprit but also thought that DataSmith was someone else's (not MS) trading name; both of those couldn't be right, so I used MSDN search and immediately discovered hordes of people in the support forums referring to the tools as datadude and then knew it was the other.

Tom

dgarner
dgarner
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)

If I had to get this one wrong at least I picked the most popular wrong answer. Smile
What is it with the sexism at Microsoft assuming that SQL work is a "man's job".

Where is the "DataDudette" version? LOL
c00578
c00578
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (511 reputation)

Good question. I was surprised that Data Dude wasn't correct.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)SSC Guru (66K reputation)

Thanks for the question.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)

Thanks for the interesting question.

I'm surprised at the number of people that thought DataDude was the name that hadn't been used, that is what I had heard it called the most. (And I am sure Microsoft referred to it as that in one of their sales/marketing events I attended long ago.)
Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

UMG Developer (2/10/2011)
Thanks for the interesting question.

I'm surprised at the number of people that thought DataDude was the name that hadn't been used, that is what I had heard it called the most. (And I am sure Microsoft referred to it as that in one of their sales/marketing events I attended long ago.)

Ditto. When DataDude was officially released as "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals", I simply kept refering to it as DataDude. There's no way I would ever use that incredibly long name.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
SQL-DBA-01
SQL-DBA-01
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)

I found this question to be too tricky to answer.

Thanks.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.