Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Database Snapshot

Database Snapshot

Author
janki
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Database Snapshot
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Thanks for the question. Learned something today.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at SQLKover.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)

Nice, easy question.

I was wondering about the inclusion of the "none of the above" option. Was this just a joke from the question author, or will people actually choose this answer? (at this time, none have - 56% True, 44% False, 0% None of the above).

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

Hugo Kornelis (11/9/2010)
Nice, easy question.

I was wondering about the inclusion of the "none of the above" option. Was this just a joke from the question author, or will people actually choose this answer? (at this time, none have - 56% True, 44% False, 0% None of the above).

You should wait the end of day! :-D:-D
naresh.talla
naresh.talla
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)SSC Veteran (205 reputation)

it is all recovery models support database snapshot
paul.knibbs
paul.knibbs
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

Maybe an attempt to introduce trinary logic? Or should the third option have been NULL? ;-)
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

Maybe an attempt to introduce trinary logic? Or should the third option have been NULL? ;-)

Please, do not start a discussion about NULLs. :-D
Peter Rijs
Peter Rijs
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)SSC Eights! (900 reputation)

Nice question! It made me do some reading-up on a feauture I've never used so far.
Allways good to refresh those areas once in a while.
Really like the "none of the above" answer, and will chck back to see if someone actually checked that at the end of the day. :-)

Peter Rijs
BI Consultant, The Netherlands
RichardDouglas
RichardDouglas
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)SSC Eights! (991 reputation)

I can't believe people have actually clicked on "None of the above" :-D

Hope this helps,
Rich

cengland0
cengland0
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Nice, easy question.

I'm one of those that selected None of the Above. That was because it has nothing to do with recovery models. The model, master, and tempdb databases are prohibited from having snapshots. That, in my opinion, means that "True" cannot be the correct answer to this question and I already know that "False" was wrong. The only other option was "None of the Above" which I thought would mean "It depends on which database."
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.