SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Are the posted questions getting worse?

Are the posted questions getting worse?

Author
Jason A. Long
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Jeff Moden - Monday, April 16, 2018 8:58 AM

Even though spring doesn't seem to be happening this year, I'm still very happy to be in Michigan. No hurricanes. No flooding at all where I live. No raging fires. Bugs don't get big enough to carry away a cat. No big earthquakes and very, very few little ones. No gators. Heh... now... if I could just persuade all the people to move to Florida in the winter, it would be perfect. BigGrin

Why? What did FL ever do to you?

Ray K
Ray K
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

I'd just gotten back into the habit of going on afternoon walks around my office complex after lunch. Alas, that came to a halt yesterday. Thank you very little, Mother Nature.

Go home, Mother Nature. You're drunk.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
‌Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)SSC Guru (618K reputation)

Jason A. Long - Monday, April 16, 2018 10:00 AM

Even though spring doesn't seem to be happening this year, I'm still very happy to be in Michigan. No hurricanes. No flooding at all where I live. No raging fires. Bugs don't get big enough to carry away a cat. No big earthquakes and very, very few little ones. No gators. Heh... now... if I could just persuade all the people to move to Florida in the winter, it would be perfect. BigGrin

BigGrin

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)SSC Guru (273K reputation)

Ray K - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:21 AM
I'd just gotten back into the habit of going on afternoon walks around my office complex after lunch. Alas, that came to a halt yesterday. Thank you very little, Mother Nature.

Not drunk, bipolar and off her meds! BigGrin

Well, that seems to be the case here in Colorado all the time.

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Jason A. Long
Jason A. Long
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Jeff Moden - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:35 AM

BigGrin

If you and/or Ed want to make a road trip, I'd love to meet you guys in person.
The rest of Detroit's residents... I'm less enthusiastic about meeting. Wink

jasona.work
jasona.work
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)

Jason A. Long - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:52 AM

BigGrin

HEY!
I resemble that remark!
Jason A. Long
Jason A. Long
SSChampion

jasona.work - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:13 AM

BigGrin

HEY!
I resemble that remark!
Mea culpa... I was unaware that you too, claimed Detroit as home. Please consider the aforementioned invitation extended to include you as well. Wink

Thomas Rushton
Thomas Rushton
SSChampion
SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Ray K - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:21 AM

There's a reason they call Nature a Mother... ;-)

Ed Wagner
Ed Wagner
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)SSC Guru (190K reputation)

Jason A. Long - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:49 AM

BigGrin

HEY!
I resemble that remark!
Mea culpa... I was unaware that you too, claimed Detroit as home. Please consider the aforementioned invitation extended to include you as well. Wink

Metro Detroit is a very different place than the city of Detroit. I have been to the city, but not for quite some time.

Now for the million dollar question, where in the world are you, Jason?

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Jason A. Long
Jason A. Long
SSChampion

Ed Wagner - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:58 AM
Jason A. Long - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:49 AM

BigGrin

HEY!
I resemble that remark!

Metro Detroit is a very different place than the city of Detroit. I have been to the city, but not for quite some time.

Now for the million dollar question, where in the world are you, Jason?

I'm in Jacksonville, FL
My grandparents used to have a little cabin up in the UP just north of Mackinac Island... The place where I learned (the hard way) that ambient air temperature and lake water temperature have NOTHING to do with one and other.
So that is really the extent of my personal experience with the entire state of Michigan.

Well... That and the fact that I'm originally from Dayton, OH... So, of course, blue and yellow are the colors of the devil...

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.