Stairway to Dynamic Data Masking
This stairway will examine Dynamic Data Data Masking, introduced in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016. This should allow you to implement Dynamic Data Masking in your application, understanding the implications of the various masks used on different datatypes.
- Learn the basics of how Dynamic Data Masking can be used to obfuscate data in SQL Server 2016+.
- This article digs deeper into the ways that Dynamic Data Masking works with different data types.
- Continuing with his look at Dynamic Data Masking, Steve Jones looks at the masking patterns available besides the default mask.
- Learn about the permissions associated with Dynamic Data Masking as well as some of the security implications of using this feature.
- In this level of the Stairway to Dynamic Data Masking we examine how masking affects data movement.