Viewing 15 posts - 14,956 through 14,970 (of 39,920 total)
SQLRNNR (11/4/2011)
sweet - but is it cheating if you didn't catch me?
I think he just did :w00t:
November 4, 2011 at 10:43 am
SQLRNNR (11/4/2011)
Oh wait, you meant for query plan operators.
What is this query plan operator?
Alien ship attacking Beijing skyscraper?
November 4, 2011 at 9:08 am
Shared password changes shouldn't be frequent, if they are, then you have other HR issues and security is likely compromised in many ways.
A shared password system (KeePass, Password Safe, etc)...
November 4, 2011 at 9:06 am
Good suggestions above. One thing I do it evolve my process over time. It's hard with ad hoc queries, but I will find that someone will ask for data, but...
November 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm
LOL, tore up my shoulder playing rugby in college. Took two years away, bartending, managing a night club while I tried to decide what to do. Went back to...
November 3, 2011 at 7:18 pm
No other reports to me, at least that I saw when I got back in town this afternoon.
November 3, 2011 at 7:17 pm
You can restore from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 R2, just not master, model, or msdb
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191253%28v=SQL.105%29.aspx
November 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm
calvo (11/2/2011)
I used to manage a nightclub...
Whoa... what? Reflecting on the article, what intrigued me the most was the statement that you managed a nightclub.
Very interesting.
😉
November 3, 2011 at 3:14 pm
Use compression. The native one, or buy a third party product that can get you more compression. It saves space, but it can also reduce the time a backup takes,...
November 1, 2011 at 8:26 am
You need an index on the 70 char key, regardless if it's the primary key. If you use it as the clustered index, then there isn't extra space created. If...
November 1, 2011 at 7:25 am
A 1000 SQL logins means more of a password management issue for the DBAs. A 1000 windows logins puts that effort on the Windows admins, or help desk. Also, if...
October 31, 2011 at 3:08 pm
Others have explained what you need to provide, but I'll give you a few hints.
If you have the specified time interval, that should be in your WHERE clause, having a...
October 31, 2011 at 3:06 pm
I usually set all job owners as SA just to avoid these issues.
October 31, 2011 at 2:51 pm
Congrats, Gail.
I am not putting as much effort into the discussions lately with all the travel. Not likely to change, either, so I think that most of you will pass...
October 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 14,956 through 14,970 (of 39,920 total)