Viewing 15 posts - 14,941 through 14,955 (of 39,920 total)
I'm sure you'll pass me. I am down to about 150 posts a month, too busy with other stuff and most questions are being handled.
November 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm
Rafael A. Colon (11/8/2011)
This is so true that I shared the editorial with my whole IT Department, I will resume your entire article in these phrase: Fast never beat...
November 8, 2011 at 10:53 am
Lowell is correct. A view is nothing more than a query. If someone wants data refreshed, you need to move the data in the underlying tables.
November 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm
It's not clear what you mean. Would the view in test not be more recent and the one you want to work with?
To move a view, you just compile the...
November 7, 2011 at 11:58 am
I used to use VBScript as well. Here is a search on this site of a few scripts that might help: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/search/?q=delete+backups&t=s
You mentioned it, but be sure that you keep...
November 7, 2011 at 11:55 am
I'd stick SSIS questions in the Integration Services forum: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Forum364-1.aspx
November 7, 2011 at 9:10 am
george sibbald (11/7/2011)
I trained as a dentist for a while but I couldn't live hand to mouth like that....
*groan*
November 7, 2011 at 9:00 am
OCTom (11/7/2011)
Steve,What have you determined about the cost-effectiveness of wind and solar energy? Everything I've been hearing and reading has been pretty negative.
Thanks,
Tom
It's very hard to tell. Some people want...
November 7, 2011 at 8:10 am
Someguy (11/7/2011)
Maybe the power consumption of individual work stations should be considered? One wasted watt spread over 10 million machines adds up. On the other hand, it often adds up...
November 7, 2011 at 7:13 am
There is Transparent Data Encryption or column encryption, no database level encryption. Whichever one you choose, you will need to be careful about backing up and managing the encryption keys....
November 7, 2011 at 7:04 am
Use Gus' advice. You could use a function, but a simple select works just as well. Depends on how you want to encapsulate this for developers.
November 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm
TravisDBA (11/4/2011)
As long as people are in the equation, security is never air tight.:-D
Ha, as long as we have people, I think security is holds water like a colander.
November 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm
I've done what I think Gail suggests and used a table as a global variable store, or a definition table. You store values in there that are needed in the...
November 4, 2011 at 10:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 14,941 through 14,955 (of 39,920 total)