Viewing 15 posts - 11,506 through 11,520 (of 39,936 total)
January 22, 2014 at 9:16 am
chrisn-585491 (1/22/2014)
I would say that we have more monolingual programmers now - programmers, including "senior" programmers, who only know one language, whatever it happens to be. This distresses me.
I'll...
January 22, 2014 at 8:48 am
Perry Whittle (1/22/2014)
SQL Server data compression would be my preference over NTFS compression
+ 1
You can also make sure that your read only files are mostly full. I saw a technique...
January 22, 2014 at 8:46 am
Saw this from Grant: http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2008/jul/28/lets-talk-about-dvcs/?utm_content=buffer84cfc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Interesting reading.
January 22, 2014 at 8:29 am
There's no replication from SQL to AD. SQL Server has to query AD to verify the account.
I'm guessing you've spelled something wrong, or you need to include the domain. Can...
January 22, 2014 at 8:28 am
Do you have Enterprise Edition? I'd data compress first.
However, compressing the disk can work. Can you give more information on your setup and sizes? How much data growth is there?...
January 22, 2014 at 8:26 am
I dislike disk compression for this reason.
Thanks for the update and glad you solved it. Out of curiosity, did you check properties on all subfolders or use some other method?
January 22, 2014 at 8:22 am
I'm with Gail. This is what you expect. The log (a misnamed entity) isn't a log file like an IIS log file. The size is set and it is...
January 22, 2014 at 8:21 am
chrisn-585491 (1/22/2014)
January 22, 2014 at 8:03 am
FunkyDexter (1/21/2014)
A solution can be as simple as a roladex. I've seen one solution that simply involved putting tally marks on boxes to ensure they were re-used a given...
January 21, 2014 at 11:33 am
Revenant (1/21/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/21/2014)
Ed Wagner (1/15/2014)
January 21, 2014 at 9:50 am
January 21, 2014 at 9:03 am
Ed Wagner (1/15/2014)
January 21, 2014 at 9:01 am
Greg Edwards-268690 (1/15/2014)
Make the time. You wouldn't be happy with a scooter.That might actually make you complain.
You certainly aren't the 'poor me' type.
Hope it all goes well.
Thanks. I'm sure it...
January 21, 2014 at 8:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 11,506 through 11,520 (of 39,936 total)