Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,491 through 11,505 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Servicing SQL Server in the Future

    If you want service packs, let Microsoft know. I think they're on the fence right now, but it takes some voices voting to get them to continue with SPs.

    Vote on...

  • RE: DBCC CHECKDB Questions on general practice

    I try to run daily (We do at SSC), but weekly at the latest. Once you automate it, it's not bad.

    There are people that run monthly, or less frequently (including...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    The Yankees used to do better, build better farm systems, and grow players, but they've gotten out of the habit and are too afraid of not having big names.

    I hate...

  • RE: It's not the platform

    Never had SQL run for 18 years, but I have had it run for 2. The problem I've most often seen with long running SQL stuff is Windows. Too many...

  • RE: Replication

    Hugo Kornelis (1/24/2014)


    L' Eomot Inversé (1/24/2014)


    Yes, but how is release of the log records prevented?

    My guess is that the information on that page you used is incorrect. But I have...

  • RE: Management at Scale

    djackson 22568 (1/27/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/25/2014)


    Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Editorial/106276/">Management at Scale</A>

    Steve, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

    I recognize that...

  • RE: Management at Scale

    paul.knibbs (1/27/2014)


    What does "provide more value than they cost" mean? Sounds like you want workers to do more work for the same money, but I'm sure that's not what you...

  • RE: Better Writing

    I'm with you, Dale. Convention has "who" listed as more likely, but both apply:

    http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/11204/how-to-use-who-vs-that

  • RE: Need this query to return at least one result every time...

    Not an outer join, right? You just want something returned?

    Can you give a result set example of what you'd want here? Is it just the first 2 columns with null...

  • RE: Navigate Through Records Without Creating A New Dataset

    Read that article, and then give us some DDL For your result set and some sample data as insert statements. We can help.

  • RE: DBCC CHECKDB Questions on general practice

    I'm with Gail. If it's too resource intensive for your workload, run the physical only on the servers. However, make sure you restore a backup and run the full DBCC...

  • RE: Pros and Cons of a Central Management Server

    The pros:

    You can easily repeatably execute queries against all servers (except the CMS, though there's a workaround). This is very handy for administrators that try to standardize and manage servers...

  • RE: Better Writing

    steve.neumann (1/22/2014)


    this article made me laugh. there is rarely a day where you do not have some sort of grammatical mistake etc. there's even one here...

    ..."and possibly impress someone else...

  • RE: Creating new SQL login Error

    I'm not 100% sure. I know it uses Kerberos, and should connect to a DC. I've seen some strange issues where I've had to use DC/AD tools to reset the...

  • RE: Creating new SQL login Error

    Try this, go into the local host (Windows) and try to add that user to a local group. Same spelling.

    I wonder if you have some DC/Kereberos issue between the...

Viewing 15 posts - 11,491 through 11,505 (of 39,936 total)