Viewing 15 posts - 11,251 through 11,265 (of 39,936 total)
Thanks for the suggestions and notes. Still looking for some pieces that will showcase to people how and why the code is better than a cursor.
One piece per example.
April 8, 2014 at 1:52 pm
As a ref, Joe Sack has written about it and a white paper is due soon. I'd like something a little shorter than the WP, and a little more condensed...
April 8, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Louis Li (4/7/2014)
Submitted.
Louis, I see a script from you and that's good, but I'm still looking for an article with explanation of how to do this and how it works...
April 8, 2014 at 1:38 pm
ClaireM (4/8/2014)
Submitted and available for your perusal here.
Good job and thanks
April 8, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Personally I'd say the government shouldn't be deeply involved, but they can certainly require disclosure of issues, and perhaps even provide a framework that companies can contribute to with best...
April 8, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Excellent, and thanks.
Always feel free to submit anything else. These are just specific ones I noticed we needed.
April 7, 2014 at 12:08 pm
This article can help find the port: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/networking/73238/
However the named instances can change ports on restart. You might want to just set a port: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Port/75740/
April 7, 2014 at 10:38 am
Keith Tate (4/7/2014)
If he stays healthy Speaker could be in range.
Not sure he'd get 200 hits this year, but it's possible I guess. That would be something.
April 7, 2014 at 9:34 am
arooj300 (4/7/2014)
one more is question : I have sql server 2008R2(RTM) and two production database is running. And from one week client has complaining slowness...
April 7, 2014 at 9:12 am
No takers, and it would be nice to see this article.
No offense, but your script isn't an article with explanation. It's not written as a short guide to lead people...
April 7, 2014 at 9:02 am
There's no "following" that explains what you see.
However likely if you can't kill the process, you'll need to restart SQL Server.
April 7, 2014 at 8:59 am
I didn't forget licensing costs, but they may or may not apply to you. Plenty of companies don't stress over adding another SQL Server, and plenty more don't stress about...
April 4, 2014 at 12:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 11,251 through 11,265 (of 39,936 total)