Viewing 15 posts - 11,176 through 11,190 (of 39,936 total)
rodjkidd (4/23/2014)
Grant,Forgot to say, I fly in Friday afternoon so can't make the SQL in the City, but have fun!
Rodders...
Enjoy, you two. Can't make this one.
April 23, 2014 at 11:31 am
GilaMonster (4/23/2014)
Steve, slight problem with the new forum name:
It makes the prefix of the email subject way too long
Noticed that. Logged a bug
April 23, 2014 at 11:30 am
It won't work. The SQL Server instance will have the Windows host name (outside of a cluster), even with a named instance. Rules of Windows hosts mean no two duplicate...
April 23, 2014 at 10:05 am
Keith Tate (4/23/2014)
April 23, 2014 at 9:46 am
Gary Varga (4/23/2014)
My reading of the editorial was that the material would be good for self-learning NOT so others can resurrect the MCM certification.
Yes
April 23, 2014 at 9:45 am
andrew gothard (4/23/2014)
jasona.work (4/23/2014)
April 23, 2014 at 9:44 am
Gary Varga (4/23/2014)
...I can see the benefits to the community and thus to Microsoft but as what cost?
...
What's the cost? What do you see as a downside?
A little lawyer...
April 23, 2014 at 9:43 am
I'm a DBA.
I'm not paid to solve problems. I'm paid to prevent them.
Yes and no. As a DBA, I've tried to be proactive and look for ways to prevent issues....
April 23, 2014 at 9:04 am
marcia.j.wilson (4/22/2014)
Hope you enjoy your sabbatical, but you'll certainly be missed.
Thank you. I'll be back - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk
April 22, 2014 at 2:43 pm
sp_addserver should populate the fields correctly for applications to work with the instance. I'm not surprised it isn't documented, but you can certainly submit a doc bug to have that...
April 22, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Both are fine. Include some scenarios/examples, so that someone not sure how to do this understands what they are doing here.
April 22, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Take it. I prefer that you get one done before doing another, but since this and the server one are very similar, do them both.
You can use the same style/template/language...
April 22, 2014 at 10:33 am
Viewing 15 posts - 11,176 through 11,190 (of 39,936 total)