Viewing 15 posts - 11,146 through 11,160 (of 39,936 total)
Jeff Moden (4/30/2014)
SQL Server needs to have the privs to write to whatever UNC you're using. I STRONGLY recommend that you NEVER have SQL Server writing to UNCs that...
April 30, 2014 at 1:39 pm
msdevtech (4/30/2014)
Right, like I said, I am doing that and it is not working reliably.
you haven't said what you're doing, and what's unpredictable. Don't forget, we can't see what you're...
April 30, 2014 at 12:20 pm
Don't have the trigger do this. Have the trigger insert the data you want to write out to a new table. Use a date, clear the table, something, but store...
April 30, 2014 at 11:41 am
You'd have to be able to extract the value of the node reliably, with something like XQUERY, take that and encrypt it. However, the result would be binary, and I'm...
April 30, 2014 at 11:32 am
This article should help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178117.aspx
It describes the role switching. Note that there's manual work to move the jobs from one to the other, but once they are moved, you...
April 30, 2014 at 8:31 am
Agree with Giancarlo. Log ship directly to 2012. If this may have to work as DR, log ship to both 2005 and 2012, but when you switch, just switch to...
April 30, 2014 at 8:29 am
I'm open here. This could be a couple of pieces, but technical. Written for someone that's used SQL Server, but never done dimensional modeling. Imagine their boss told them to...
April 29, 2014 at 4:08 pm
Alex Gay (4/29/2014)
April 29, 2014 at 11:40 am
I'm going to award back points for this one. I've reworded the question, as I implied that I might use memory optimized tables and want the old CE in the...
April 29, 2014 at 8:50 am
Log shipping isn't deprecated, though I suppose the wizard and jobs could be at some point. However LS does something different than AlwaysOn/mirroring/other HA stuff. Even if it were,...
April 29, 2014 at 8:42 am
Along with Lowell's suggestions, I'd take a look at what files are changing day to day. Search on updated files, see if you can track what is using more space...
April 29, 2014 at 8:39 am
TomThomson (4/25/2014)
I avoid Heathrow whenever possible - it's a pretty unpleasant airport.
I'm usually in and out quickly that I don't mind it much.
April 29, 2014 at 8:31 am
Viewing 15 posts - 11,146 through 11,160 (of 39,936 total)