Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,011 through 11,025 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Farewell

    GilaMonster (5/30/2014)


    SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)


    Have some fun and enjoy the opportunity.

    On the side, will you be back June 14th or July 14th?

    If Steve's managed to squeeze a 6 week break into a...

  • RE: Farewell

    Gary Varga (5/30/2014)


    Good luck Steve. I really hope you get out of it something worthwhile whether or not it was what you intended.

    PS Are you just a secret soccer fan...

  • RE: Farewell

    SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)


    Have some fun and enjoy the opportunity.

    On the side, will you be back June 14th or July 14th?

    July, slight slip. I will be at SQL Sat Louisville on Jun...

  • RE: Farewell

    kpgrover (5/29/2014)


    Steve, do yourself a favor and totally unplug - even if only for a couple of weeks. No side projects, no blogs, etc. I promise you, your...

  • RE: Building Natively compiled stored procedures in SQL 2014

    Feel free. Probably won't publish until our overview of MO tables goes out in late June, but feel free to submit anytime.

  • RE: Search Issues?

    Nope, it's broken.

    I've reported it. Our webserver upgrade was this am, and likely they've forgotten something.

  • RE: No Works of Art

    jay-h (5/29/2014)


    Documents never get rev'ed to keep up with changes. Human memory is faulty, and certainly we find ourselves clicking the wrong button at times

    Alas, scripts (especially the 'auto answer'...

  • RE: Patching Problems

    Gary Varga (5/28/2014)


    Andy sql (5/28/2014)


    To put a slightly different view on this topic - Steve was upgrading a Client operating system. Windows Services should run fine, but they are hardly...

  • RE: Temp table limitations

    Hugo Kornelis (5/25/2014)


    Uwe Ricken (5/25/2014)


    Hi Steve,

    curious. I've selected "no FK" as one and only option but it gave me "failed" 🙂

    However - local temptable are valid in the sessein and...

  • RE: Laptop Dreams

    Ken Welsh (5/26/2014)


    Steve,

    If you got a USB "wireless router on a stick" you should be able to connect the tablet to the BRIX quite easily.

    Just a thought...

    Been thinking about that

  • RE: Laptop Dreams

    Robert Sterbal-482516 (5/25/2014)


    Am I spoiled by the fact that I'm willing to lug my digital SLR virtually everywhere?

    Not sure "spoiled" goes with "willing to lug"

  • RE: What are you worth?

    Doctor Who 2 (5/24/2014)


    Negotiating starting vacation? I've never heard of that. I just assumed that whatever it was, it was fixed in stone.

    I haven't had good luck with this at...

  • RE: Temp table limitations

    Hany Helmy (5/24/2014)


    SQLRNNR (5/23/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/23/2014)


    Question changed and points awarded back as you can apparently partition a temp table: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/sqlrnnr/2014/05/23/can-you-partition-a-temporary-table/

    Thanks Steve.

    And by the way - thanks for...

  • RE: SQL server license swithching from Production license to MSDN version.

    If you are using these servers for development or testing, then you can use MSDN. If these are used by clients/customers with real data that your company/organization uses, then no,...

  • RE: Should We Move to Azure?

    Russell Shilling (5/23/2014)


    We're building a service business, and reliability and scalability are requirements, so we'll be deploying the production system to Azure.

    Be great if you want to write a bit...

Viewing 15 posts - 11,011 through 11,025 (of 39,936 total)