Recent Posts - different icon for threads I've posted in

• Hi

It would be helpful when looking at the list of recent posts available in the control panel (or an list of posts for that matter) that the icon that looks like an envelope on the left side of the table would be different if the user as posted in that thread. That makes it easy to see if I need to follow up on a thread/threads.

Thanks for the consideration!

[font="Tahoma"]Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]https://davegugg.wordpress.com[/url]/[/font]

• That would be handy.

Maybe bump this thread mid next month, as Steve's on vacation.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Back now, a good suggestion.

I'll send it along.

• I'd like to support this request, and also ask if it's possible to do what they have on other boards I use, which is take you to the last unread post (by you) on each thread, so you don't have to remember what page you were on.

I don't know how easy that is to do.

• Last unread thread is interesting.

We do tend to track that in terms of recent posts, but potentially that's not the last one you missed.

Let me think on it. I need to gather a list of small->med projects and send them over to be worked on.

• If you'd like an idea of how last unread is implemented rather well, check out the Dwarf Fortress forums on Bay12.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply