Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,411 through 10,425 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: this query runs to long how can I speed it up????

    There's no way to tell from this.

    A few things for you to look at and gather data on. What is the execution plans? What indexes are used? What indexes are...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden (12/14/2014)


    In the category of learning something new, I just did some testing on the differences between ONLINE and OFFLINE index rebuilds because of a post I saw on...

  • RE: The query did not run, or the database table could not be opened.

    The linked server settings will have separate security. It could use your credentials, or something else could be set. Get the properties of the Linked Server and check there.

    If you...

  • RE: Drop and Recreate

    Eric M Russell (12/15/2014)


    Most backup utilities are database centric. If the server must be restored, or one wants to spin up a UAT envrironment that closely mimics production, then restoring...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (12/13/2014)


    ... Mark one off, 76 days on the calendar to go. 76 days on the calendar to go, 76 days to go, ...

    Hang in there and hope...

  • RE: spacer.gif Image missing from web server

    Thanks, logged as bug.

  • RE: The Last Job

    OCTom (12/12/2014)


    My current job is my last full time IT job. I retire Jan. 30, 2015.

    Tom

    Congrats, and best of luck enjoying yourself.

  • RE: The Last Job

    david.wright-948385 (12/12/2014)


    Are you looking for a raise Steve 😉

    I'll take one, but no. I make a good living, and I'd gladly forgo a raise this year for a few more...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    SQLDCH (12/11/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/11/2014)


    Gonna be interesting. Got some matchups that could go my way, or another way.

    Hopefully another way as I get to lock horns with Mr....

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    Gonna be interesting. Got some matchups that could go my way, or another way.

  • RE: Citizen Programmers

    Sir Slicendice (12/11/2014)


    One thing that occurs to me after hitting 'Post' is that the most successful of these citizen-programmer oriented language systems have very 'messy' foundations, while the languages which...

  • RE: Citizen Programmers

    Iwas Bornready (12/11/2014)


    Sounds like a lot of whining to me. Our country is full of small businesses who have special needs that are not met by off-the-shelf software. If a...

  • RE: Citizen Programmers

    P Jones (12/11/2014)[hr

    ...

    They wouldn't fully re-wire their home themselves but would call in a professional and they should do the same for business software.

    I can agree with some of...

  • RE: Citizen Programmers

    ZA_Crafty (12/11/2014)


    Well if it was not for the VB of the 90's I would not have been a programmer today.

    So certainly, if you look on the flip side of your...

  • RE: Was SSC Down for a Minute Just Now?

    webmaster, please.

Viewing 15 posts - 10,411 through 10,425 (of 39,936 total)