Viewing 15 posts - 9,751 through 9,765 (of 39,936 total)
Good luck. If you need more help or get more info, post back. We're happy to do what we can.
June 10, 2015 at 2:20 pm
I don't understand the confusion. Hashbytes cannot add a salt. The programmer adds it, which is the answer to the question and what is shown in the link you posted.
June 10, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Junior Galvão - MVP (6/9/2015)
Hi Steve Jones,I appreciate your question, but the answers are a little confusing if we look at the Books Online and other blogs, like this: http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3293/add-a-salt-with-the-sql-server-hashbytes-function/
Regards.
What's...
June 10, 2015 at 11:52 am
Personally I have just let employers know when I'm looking. Nothing wrong with that. If I'm not happy or want something else, I'm open. Especially with a contract.
June 10, 2015 at 11:52 am
Apologies. The disable statement is missing in the code.
Points awarded back and the question corrected.
June 10, 2015 at 10:59 am
I would say look at two things
- What you enjoy
- What jobs are available
Please don't take a job for money you don't enjoy, but I do understand taking a job...
June 10, 2015 at 10:02 am
ericpap (6/10/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/10/2015)
Is this a Production Server?yes
Sorry to hear that.
If you can't get someone to admit they did something, I'm not sure you'll find much forensic evidence. You...
June 10, 2015 at 9:57 am
I'm with Eric. You should seriously look at the value of your time. It might be worth it to commute to get experience or start the move to a new...
June 9, 2015 at 1:19 pm
Jeff Moden (6/8/2015)
It's just stupid but they keep making the grease spot of audits larger and larger and with no real guarantee that the information is even accurate. It's...
June 9, 2015 at 10:33 am
Jeff Moden (6/4/2015)
Have any of you ever used a CTP of SQL Server to power your real production databases? Personally, I think such a thing would...
June 9, 2015 at 9:20 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (6/4/2015)
Should be as simple as
..TOP(1)...
WHERE POST.VISIBLE = TRUE;
😎
Nothing is ever simple, and the queries that do this potentially slow way down with a check for banned users....
June 9, 2015 at 9:19 am
I tend to agree with Gail here. The data is stored in the mdf/ldf/ndf files. If someone stops the SQL Service, they can restore those files, just as they'd restore...
June 9, 2015 at 8:53 am
I like the use of the OUTPUT clause there. Much simpler than trying to build a transaction. It would also work with larger volumes if you changed the where clause...
June 9, 2015 at 8:51 am
I've seen some places like this with various models set up, but I don't see surveys there: http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/. There is a questionnaire, but it's limited in what it shows: http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/student_questionnaires/index.htm
What...
June 9, 2015 at 8:44 am
Couple things.
First, back up your certificate now. Even if you turn off TDE, it doesn't hurt to have a copy and someone might turn it on again.
Second, you might have...
June 9, 2015 at 8:32 am
Viewing 15 posts - 9,751 through 9,765 (of 39,936 total)