Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,556 through 9,570 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: The Evolving DBA

    roger.plowman (7/23/2015)


    Your editorial I think overlooks the inherent priorities that must be present in a DBA's role.

    First, the data must be kept *safe*, full stop.

    At the bare minimum that means...

  • RE: The Evolving DBA

    Jeff Moden (7/22/2015)


    Considering how many people have asked how to restore data without backups this month alone, this is a timely reminder that evolution of the DBA doesn't remove any...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Alvin Ramard (7/22/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (7/22/2015)


    Gotta love it when someone schedules a software change/update at month end. Because "there's no impact to the business" and all that.

    <headdesk>

    This too I will survive.

    I...

  • RE: Presenting Data

    xsevensinzx (7/23/2015)


    I'm with you on this one. That and the fact it forces people to do client side reporting that's not optimized and developed to be reused for team usage...

  • RE: Mobile friendly version of SSC

    We have debated about it. There is a significant amount of work for some parts of the site. We do have a mobile QotD that someone mocked up, but not...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BWFC (7/22/2015)


    Aargh!!

    'Why didn't this appear on your report? It's wrong. There's been an incident and you've made us look bad in front of government.' - The Business

    <investigates>

    'It's not...

  • RE: Presenting Data

    dietztm (7/20/2015)


    Why not learn Power Pivot too? It's not THAT hard. I know that many of us are allergic to Excel (from an end-user perspective) but Power Pivot is actually...

  • RE: Continuous Delivery In Real Life

    jckfla (7/20/2015)


    Maybe I'm not seeing something right about CI...but to me, it seems to me very loosely defined.

    I would think Continuous Integration would be related to what (at least during...

  • RE: Presenting Data

    I'm not saying that any report is good. Or that all the reports you come up with will be used or well received. I'm not advocating anything, nor asking you...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (7/17/2015)


    calvo (7/17/2015)


    What about Pete Rose in the franchise four!!!! I think it was good to see him involved in some activities again. I'm hoping for a removal of...

  • RE: Update my post?

    It's poorly named. I'll see if I can get a wording change.

  • RE: Continuous Delivery In Real Life

    jckfla (7/17/2015)


    Just seems to me that rapid development/continuous delivery of software in the current era is more about revenue streams widening rather than usefulness of technology advancing rapidly.

    And...

  • RE: Continuous Delivery In Real Life

    Eric M Russell (7/16/2015)


    I'm not familaiar with unit testing frameworks; I typically do input / output unit testing in the development environment while I'm coding. The header for each stored...

  • RE: MS15-058: Vulnerabilities in SQL Server could allow remote code execution

    timlenz (7/16/2015)


    HEY ALL!

    Be aware that this patch is considered a HIGH SECURITY RISK and because of that Microsoft has the ability to install and restart your SQL Server (or your...

  • RE: Delete records older than 90 days in SQL Server

    Sorry, some posts got crossed.

    To answer your questions, no, no way other than writing code.

Viewing 15 posts - 9,556 through 9,570 (of 39,936 total)