Viewing 15 posts - 5,581 through 5,595 (of 39,919 total)
I'd agree with Sergiy here. We always used a generation process to produce a list here, so that changes, exceptions, etc. could be applied. We never used the original table...
May 5, 2018 at 12:29 pm
amitelman - Friday, May 4, 2018 2:24 PMCan I download scriptdatabase.ps1 file? I do not see link to it.
Added
May 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm
That article shows how. If you are getting errors, we can't see them. However, this is really a PoSh/AD issues. if you are having issues, get that working from the...
May 4, 2018 at 12:16 pm
A couple things to check:
Are the services running? Check the service applet for SQL Server. You ought to find a few services there. If you have both...
May 4, 2018 at 11:28 am
A couple links to help you. Updating pictures is likely through PoSh or C#
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rakhiguha/2015/09/27/active-directory-how-to-update-user-thumbnail-photo-using-service-account/
Creating accounts could be done like this:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1293.processing-active-directory-information-in-ssis.aspx
May 4, 2018 at 11:11 am
You'll have to look through these: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/search/?q=user+login+permissions&t=s&sort=relevance
May 4, 2018 at 10:12 am
Not sure. The jobs should have been built. I'd drop it and run through the steps again. Ensure you completed everything correctly.
May 4, 2018 at 10:10 am
Single drives are always worse, since you lose everything with a failure. However, in Azure, you should have multiple copies from the infrastructure. You won't get less I/O from multiple...
May 4, 2018 at 10:09 am
May 4, 2018 at 10:06 am
I'm not quite clear what you mean. Are you saying that you have image files and some name/login associated with them. You want to use SSIS to import these thumbnail...
May 4, 2018 at 10:02 am
One thing to keep in mind is that this changes data inline, so copy your db (restore in dev), then mask.
The tool is a little non-intuitive. I'm working...
May 4, 2018 at 9:59 am
Make sure you click the use RegEx, the little square + asterisk button.
May 4, 2018 at 9:48 am
I would lean towards putting the PK and the email in the #NoEMail list. Then I'd put a token in the main list, as mentioned previously, because someone or a...
May 4, 2018 at 9:44 am
Here's a post on dates: https://voiceofthedba.com/2018/05/04/moving-birthdays-with-data-masker/
May 4, 2018 at 9:41 am
The master database contains server level objects like logins, linked servers, certificates, a few other things. There isn't a need to restore this if you don't necessarily need those items....
May 4, 2018 at 9:39 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,581 through 5,595 (of 39,919 total)