Viewing 15 posts - 5,551 through 5,565 (of 39,919 total)
Should be inplace only.
The restore process should take backups from 2005+
Mentions 2005 - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/restore-statements-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017#compatibility-support
May 8, 2018 at 4:23 pm
May 8, 2018 at 2:27 pm
You are correct. Use roles in SQL, equivalent to groups in AD. Always do this, even with AD groups. Use a SQL role for permissions and then add the AD...
May 8, 2018 at 10:19 am
If you get 823/824/825, you likely have some hardware/driver issue. You should really stress the system, especially storage, and use HammerDB, SQLIO, something to be sure you have everything working....
May 8, 2018 at 10:16 am
Failover manually. First sentence: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/failover-and-failover-modes-always-on-availability-groups?view=sql-server-2017
May 8, 2018 at 9:01 am
Interesting and thanks for the note. Glad things are working for you.
May 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
That's why I sat with the Developers (with full agreement of management) instead of some...
May 8, 2018 at 8:47 am
And I'm not asking those to put you on the spot. Just another side...
May 8, 2018 at 8:45 am
May 8, 2018 at 8:37 am
There is an amazing amount of slop in today's business world. I have no doubt the bank will continue, albeit with worse profits this year. Or maybe no profit, but...
May 8, 2018 at 8:28 am
I used to like to keep sa enabled in case someone did something stupid like remove the admin group because of a mis-click. These days, I would disable it and...
May 8, 2018 at 8:27 am
I'll second Thom's advice. This is asking for trouble and a poor habit.
Please create a new account that has limited access to what is needed. Use that. The...
May 8, 2018 at 8:26 am
And link in the database with a string URL? Is there any concern about synchronization?
May 8, 2018 at 8:11 am
I think EFS would work, or Bitlocker, but you should test
May 7, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,551 through 5,565 (of 39,919 total)