Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 30,106 through 30,120 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Losing Your Job

    It's at the NYT You need to register for it.

  • RE: Trigger will not export to Excel Spreadsheet

    First, triggers are inside the transaction and putting something that needs external resources (send mail, openrowsource, etc.) is a bad idea. You are asking for lots of issues.

    Insert the row...

  • RE: Specific Forum Search?

    Brandie,

    No way right now. We turned off the forum search since it confused a lot of people. We're debating tomorrow am if we should turn it back on.

  • RE: Ten Ways To Lose Your DBA Job

    I'm not sure many people are fired for "interpersonal reasons". They might be let go first in a layoff, but there are plenty of people that no one likes or...

  • RE: Error 17052: SQL Server has been optimized for 8

    I thought personal edition wasn't licensed for server installs. I'd highly recommend you move to standard ro enterprise. detach the databases, script the logins (sp_help_revlogin) and then uninstall personal.

  • RE: BACKUP DATABASE

    Be careful of mirrored backups. If the mirror fails for some reason (network errors), the local isn't completed.

  • RE: Losing Your Job

    Thanks for the debate and this was a can of worms. I think it affects some professions (doctors, lawyers, IT), people that don't have regular hours and can get called...

  • RE: My Recent EMail

    SQLBill did a good job, but I still see some missing words. (get A better idea)

    As for your questions:

    1. The sentences are ok, definitely need spelling/grammar checks. Missing "a", "an",...

  • RE: which scripting language does sqlservercentral uses ?

    Please don't post the questions in the subject. That's a descriptor, but the question should be repeated or stated clearly in the post.

  • RE: Administer SQL from XP Workstation

    As mentioned above, just the Workstation stuff, maybe BOL.

    IF you need SSIS, install it.

  • RE: Executing a Stored Procedure form ActiveX

    Looks like you have the names wrong in the ActiveX script. While you're adding them in the order, I thought there was a name mapping.

  • RE: database owner best practices

    I have a friend that's moved a lot of servers to VMWare, including some production SQL Servers. They use SAN storage and so far performance has been good. I'm trying...

  • RE: Registration to SQL Server Central

    Thanks for your opinion and it is noted.

    However I think this site has proven it's value over the last 6 years to thousands of DBAs all around. I understand that...

  • RE: SQL SERVER 2005 vs ORACLE 10G

    I'm not an Oracle guy, but isn't Oracle optimized for cursors? Isn't that it's strength when working through sets of data?

    If so, then does it matter if you program that...

  • RE: Sql server 2000 fail to install

    First, please write with punctuation and explain clearly what is wrong. It doesn't help you or us to try and save keystrokes and run all your words together.

    You need to...

Viewing 15 posts - 30,106 through 30,120 (of 39,919 total)