Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 28,741 through 28,755 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Restarting SQL Services

    tempdb gets reused. If it's getting bigger and bigger either you have open transactions that won't clear (dbcc opentran) or the load is growing.

    I never restart services unless we patch...

  • RE: File Size Issues

    Don't use backup devices. Run each log backup to a new file so you can tell what the transaction size for that period of time (log backup -> log backup)...

  • RE: Topic Subscription Option

    Correct, it's cookie based. The forum code doesn't have this as a global setting, but we've passed along to InstantASP as a request.

  • RE: database security across databases

    Correct in that logins really need to be in both databases.

    What I'd suggest is that you setup security in the databases separately as needed and then be sure when you...

  • RE: Strange SQL Agent Errors

    Those are alarming and you should definitely take action, but I guess it's a strange occurence, perhaps a half transmission of the network conversation and SQL Server isn't sure what's...

  • RE: Strange Insert scenario

    Some people have use XML to pass the data into the application. Or you can have the front end send multiple inserts.

  • RE: Boycott?

    If you're looking at a 5 year cycle, then would you skip versions? Go 2005 -> 2011?

  • RE: Topic Subscription Option

    It should work. It remembers your last setting, so it's a gross setting. If you subscribe to one topic by checking it, then be sure that you uncheck it for...

  • RE: Sql Script sections collapsed in IE7 -Can't see the script!!!

    Yikes!

    Bug, reporting now.

  • RE: Suggestion to improve the logging mechanism and while replying

    Below the post window there is a closed section that says "Last 10 posts". You can expand that to see the previous posters items.

    On #1, not sure. Have to look...

  • RE: T-SQL Haiku

    Very nice! I like that one.

  • RE: How to verify database restore is successful?

    This goes against your first statement, however, that an empty database could be created and then restored and you'd have a log entry.

    Proof to justify something would be checking...

  • RE: Boycott?

    Good comments and I'm not really calling for a boycott of 2008. I wasn't sure how to tackle this and was looking to see how others feel. I like the...

  • RE: Complex query design

    You need to show some effort here. This sounds like homework. Please make some attempt at the problem and we'll then help more.

  • RE: SQL Script

    With all those outer joins, I'm not sure how well you can rewrite this. It's kind of a mess right now and it really needs reformatting.

    You might try using views...

Viewing 15 posts - 28,741 through 28,755 (of 39,922 total)