Viewing 15 posts - 28,066 through 28,080 (of 39,922 total)
I don't think I've had any horrible jobs. Some were hard, some required lots of hours, some had lots of stress. But I learned something from all of them and...
July 7, 2008 at 11:15 pm
I think you're gambling. What works well for Michael or anyone else might not work for you.
Take the downtime, defragment in stages if necessary.
July 7, 2008 at 11:12 pm
Secure FTP would work, though I'm not sure how that would integrate with SSIS.
Perhaps Secure tunneling at the network level? There's a secure TCP/IP connection method that you can setup...
July 7, 2008 at 11:10 pm
First, please post in the appropriate forum to get an answer.
Next, you send to an email address, but set the Exchange server as the MAPI server for your Outlook Profile....
July 7, 2008 at 11:08 pm
I think the hyphen is causing issues. Try enclosing the name in []
July 7, 2008 at 11:07 pm
The replication monitor is a utility in SSMS. If you don't know that, then perhaps you should research it a bit in Books Online.
July 7, 2008 at 11:06 pm
I've been doing what you call Agile for years, and it's worked well. It's a great evolution from the waterfall model.
I think MS has moved to this area in many...
July 7, 2008 at 12:07 pm
Whoa, I'm not saying we need BI. I think BI can help here, but it doesn't have to be a fancy Proclarity report or a dashboard. It can be a...
July 7, 2008 at 12:04 pm
I tend to agree with Michael.
One thing I'd suggest is looking for a small piece of this to tackle, perhaps replacing some tables with views and building a better underlying...
July 7, 2008 at 11:17 am
There is not automated way to do this, since it doesn't usually make sense.
there are lots of scripts here that you can search for if Ken's doesn't work for you.
July 7, 2008 at 11:15 am
We've actually got an article Q'd up for Aug 4th on this.
the author used the "Edit" query button after setting up a regular query, then entering the stord procedure name...
July 7, 2008 at 11:15 am
That's not a bad idea. I'll talk about it with the team.
July 7, 2008 at 10:28 am
Haven't found a great one, but I haven't used Apex's tool. I'd give that a try and see if it helps you. ER/Studio and ErWin haven't worked well for me.
July 7, 2008 at 10:28 am
I doubt the questions change much. There's too much effort into developing the exams and then doing a Beta to allow for change.
I thought that they built exams to...
July 7, 2008 at 10:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 28,066 through 28,080 (of 39,922 total)