Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 27,586 through 27,600 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: The Active DBA

    I prefer the games of tag at this age. Those body blows last a long time these days.

    Grant, FYI, there's a big aikido demonstration Nov 14-16 in Seattle, at Puget...

  • RE: How do you do Bullet points and numbered paragraphs in the forum?

    You mean you want

    • bullets
    • for
    • specific
    • items?

    I'd do it like this.

    - First list

    - second item

    1. My point is

    2. It should be easy

    - third item

    Or you could use my new...

  • RE: favorites

    We have considered adding topics to your briefcase. It's on the list, but not working yet.

    You can save scripts and articles.

  • RE: Forum Content Display. (General Suggestion)

    It looks fine here.

    Can you tell me which browser and what's hidden? Maybe upload a screen shot?

  • RE: forums issues

    When you are in the forums, the Control Panel link is to the upper left, just below your name.

    What do you mean about back and forth? not sure here what...

  • RE: Rowversion

    I think it's good that we ask questions about things that you don't know about. We can't control when something is introduced, so the question was designed to help you...

  • RE: The Starting Point

    not to defend Microsoft because I have the same complaints about speed, but they design for future hardware. They always have so that the new OS takes advantages of hardware...

  • RE: SQL Profanities

    Andy Warren has a saying I love. "Always use the defaults until you have a reason, and know better, why something else should be done."

    I think that applies here. Those...

  • RE: Rowversion

    The question has been edited to show SQL Server 2005 as the context.

  • RE: Building a Security Philosophy

    I'd agree with Andy. The issue I have with datareader is that it automatically gives rights to all tables. So if I add a table to store anything, meta information...

  • RE: The Active DBA

    Heck, I used to enjoy karate tournaments.

    Easy to tell who wins when only one is still standing 😉

  • RE: Cross Team Headaches with Backups

    I'd agree with Michael. You want notification of failed backups from that group. If they don't want to let you know, bring up the issues and show it's needed so...

  • RE: DTS package runs fine, but when I schedule the job...job runs forever and ever

    Run it from the server as well. When you run it from your workstation, it runs under the context of your workstation. When it's scheduled, it runs from the server....

  • RE: Backup of standby database

    If you have Enterprise, potentially you can snapshot it

    If you restore it with STANDBY, you could query it and suck out data.

  • RE: Restoring database from another server and assigning permissions

    EXECUTE AS for the add login step.

    Otherwise do what you are doing.

Viewing 15 posts - 27,586 through 27,600 (of 39,922 total)