Viewing 15 posts - 26,761 through 26,775 (of 39,922 total)
I'd pull out a sample of the strange rows, and then convert each byte to its ASCII value. From there you might see some pattern that is causing issues and...
October 17, 2008 at 12:41 pm
Kevin,
Agree with you here, but we're human and fallible. We make mistakes, sometimes we're malicious, though I hope we're more often respectful of others.
October 17, 2008 at 11:49 am
If inventory is an issue, I might do it the way you have listed, but do you not backorder things?
If there's an issue with payment do you want to delete...
October 17, 2008 at 10:32 am
October 17, 2008 at 10:28 am
I think detach/attach would have been the easy thing to do here.
I'm not sure what you can do now. Can you access the database? Is it online?
I think that there...
October 17, 2008 at 10:26 am
Doesn't matter. Just get them both done.
October 17, 2008 at 10:24 am
Do you want to pull those records with multiple updates as all the updates or just the last one?
October 17, 2008 at 10:23 am
Other than Jack's suggestion, I'd be sure you have things indexed to pull the data. If there is a lot of data, you might cover the query.
October 17, 2008 at 10:22 am
It sounds like they don't like Database Mail for some reason. While I'm not sure it's a high volume robust solution for mailing, that doesn't mean it won't work for...
October 17, 2008 at 10:19 am
SQL Writer is used to write to the disk.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/sqlwriter.mspx
It looks like you've changed permissions or service accounts somehow. If you change them, you should always do so in the Configuration...
October 17, 2008 at 10:18 am
For every bad loan made out there, or "forced" to make to people that couldn't afford it, there is a bad loan made by someone looking to get a commission...
October 17, 2008 at 10:17 am
If you are shrinking a database or log file every day, you're doing something wrong. As mentioned above you're wasting resources having SQL Server grow it every day.
You want to...
October 17, 2008 at 10:14 am
If you have any doubt, you want to qualify the objects. You never know when you might need to modify something this complex and then create an error and waste...
October 17, 2008 at 10:13 am
I highly doubt you have, or will have, 10 million concurrent users. I'm not sure Microsoft.com gets that many. You might have 10mm signed up users, but probably only...
October 17, 2008 at 8:43 am
It seems to work in Firefox 2 and Chrome. Likely we need an IE workaround.
October 17, 2008 at 8:32 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,761 through 26,775 (of 39,922 total)