Viewing 15 posts - 26,716 through 26,730 (of 39,922 total)
SQL Server will manage memory, but it's slow to do so and it doesn't like to give it up. If you must run Cold fusion or something else that needs...
October 21, 2008 at 8:32 am
Good explanation from Barry and others.
The idea behind disable/enable, is to grant access to the server or not. It's like having keys to the front door. You have them or...
October 21, 2008 at 8:30 am
Likely you have a corrupt client tools installation.
Please don't cross post. I think this was posted elsewhere.
October 21, 2008 at 8:28 am
Yikes! Get well soon, Barry, and I'll bring some tin foil to PASS for Jeff 🙂
October 21, 2008 at 8:20 am
Ignoring politics, though you're welcome to send me an email on that, if we ignore copyright or review it more, then do we do the same for other types of...
October 21, 2008 at 8:16 am
Good article and with versions coming every 3 years, they're close enough that I'm not sure you gain anything from having forklift upgrades of all servers. Kilmanjaro, the next version...
October 21, 2008 at 7:50 am
October 20, 2008 at 2:59 pm
I like a lot of what Cuban says, and I think he does some things right for this country. But like all of us, he's fallible as well and there...
October 20, 2008 at 2:17 pm
Are you sure that all subscribers are getting the data? Might be one out there that's missing things.
Also, what's the recovery model? Log backups running on a full mode db?
October 20, 2008 at 11:02 am
First I never back up to the network. Too unreliable and it will fail when you least expect it. Like the day that your database goes down. Backup locally, copy...
October 20, 2008 at 10:18 am
I did something similar years ago, but I used replication. Basically when something changed in source, I replicated the relevant table to the destination to staging tables. 3 (or however...
October 20, 2008 at 10:15 am
Not sure, but I'd move the DB to another server or drive and ensure it's not corrupt. There could be disk issues on the server and a complete copy to...
October 20, 2008 at 10:13 am
Thanks for the update, you had us stumped. I've only been able to change the OS time and have SQL lag by about 5-10sec at the max before it catches...
October 20, 2008 at 10:12 am
Thanks for the update and be aware that there are sometimes strange caching things that break for unknown reasons. Relinking would have been my suggestion if I were a little...
October 20, 2008 at 10:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,716 through 26,730 (of 39,922 total)