Viewing 15 posts - 26,686 through 26,700 (of 39,922 total)
It's doable, and depending on how large the site is, it's possible that you could deploy this hour to the front page, next to the account management, next to something...
October 22, 2008 at 12:23 pm
I'd look at a trace, grab just insert/update/delete events to a table.
Then roll those up periodically to another table and delete them from the trace table.
October 22, 2008 at 12:12 pm
Or buy a log reader tool (ApexSQL, Lumigent) to read through the logs to undo the deletion.
October 22, 2008 at 11:04 am
Uninstall, reinstall client tools. You have a problem with the tools.
October 22, 2008 at 10:44 am
You can setup a role that has deny permission for insert/update/delete and then add users to this along with the other roles. That should cause those SPs that change data...
October 22, 2008 at 10:43 am
I'd think it would be the same, but I've never messed with it enough to know if it really matters.
October 22, 2008 at 10:42 am
I agree with Gail. You really want to back up the log every hour or so. I bet if you told you boss that if we had an issue at...
October 22, 2008 at 10:42 am
It's not a bad idea, especially if you want to keep track of discussion on it. We have adding a discussion to the briefcase on the list, but it's a...
October 22, 2008 at 10:40 am
No issues I'm aware of. You might try profiling/tracing this when it runs both ways and look for differences.
Is security the same? What does the job do?
October 22, 2008 at 10:10 am
Good thoughts and we're not buying him a car, at least not completely. We're matching what he's earned and he has the upkeep on the car. Where we live, he...
October 22, 2008 at 9:42 am
You have to have SQL Server running. I do not believe Compact Edition will work.
You can download SQL Server Express, which is the free version, if you have no other.
October 21, 2008 at 8:50 pm
What does release mean? Please explain what you are trying to do and what is happening in more detail.
October 21, 2008 at 8:49 pm
It sounds like networking. How is the app connecting? Is it trying for a named instance? Might need UDP 1434 open as well.
Can you browse there from isqlw, click...
October 21, 2008 at 4:50 pm
Sorry, you can also use the 2nd charindex to determine where to stop the first line in the substring function
October 21, 2008 at 4:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,686 through 26,700 (of 39,922 total)