Viewing 15 posts - 26,341 through 26,355 (of 39,922 total)
Great summary and I'll be writing one to post as well.
Talk to everyone. Sit next to new people at lunch, get to know them, ask them what they do. I...
November 25, 2008 at 12:01 pm
ZBB is how I always did things, looking back at last year only to ensure I was covering costs or estimating expenses properly. It is a pain, but it should...
November 25, 2008 at 10:55 am
Wow, that's a lot of code. Posted a hint to a derived table article.
November 25, 2008 at 10:20 am
That's a lot of code.
Derived Tables - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/DerivedTables/61388/
You might need to make two updates if you can't get it done in one. Gail has given you good hints, and you...
November 25, 2008 at 10:20 am
I think SQLCompare (Red Gate) will do this. There is an option to compare to a backup file.
November 25, 2008 at 10:19 am
You might be better off importing the entire file into a table with one column, one large varchar, and then searching through for this line, if the format is there....
November 25, 2008 at 10:16 am
The best thing I can recommend is to read some books and articles, and look at how people design things. We have a few here and be sure to read...
November 25, 2008 at 9:18 am
First, is this SSRS? Reporting Services? Please post in those forums.
Second, you show 12.16 as a result and then say you want 12.16. Am I missing something?
November 25, 2008 at 9:17 am
Lee,
GP still won't switch automatically to the mirror, correct?
If you move the logins, use sp_help_revlogin from MS to script out the logins with the correct SID and passwords.
Not sure about...
November 25, 2008 at 9:15 am
That's correct, Exec applies to functions and stored procedures.
SELECT applies to tables and views.
November 25, 2008 at 9:14 am
Not until you deploy the scripts to production.
Script the restore along with your procs and make it one thing to run .
November 25, 2008 at 9:13 am
The typical plan from MS is to announce deprecation in a version, say SS2K8, for a feature, continue to support it in the next version, say SS2K11, and then remove...
November 25, 2008 at 9:09 am
Perhaps things are mis-worded, but I think the answer is fine.
Connecting via IP and port would be connecting to my local server as 127.0.0.1, 1433
That would not use the Browser...
November 25, 2008 at 9:01 am
Manie,
Great article and thanks to everyone else for the great complements. We try to help where we can.
November 25, 2008 at 8:54 am
Based on that log, SQL is started.
Are you connecting to one of the nodes or the virtual instance?
November 24, 2008 at 5:29 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,341 through 26,355 (of 39,922 total)