Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,996 through 26,010 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Learning Priorities

    I think DBAs by nature should be conservative, and not deploy things that are not solid and stable. Mistakes by us in moving too fast, can be very, very big...

  • RE: backup & restore

    Wow 6.0 is really old. I'd expect that you'd at least have v6.5. There were issues with 6.0 and it was only sold for about 6 mos.

    Right click databases in...

  • RE: Bringing System to its Original state

    Nope, Resource needs to be copied separately, but it's basically not changed with anything you do other than patches.

    So if you need to restore everything, you want the Resource to...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (12/16/2008)Firstly the blade's pointing behind you during that, and with an opponent in front it means you will get stabbed.

    Yeah, I'd prefer not to get stabbed. Remind me...

  • RE: Login/Add connection failure

    Thanks for the update. Hope it works from here on out.

  • RE: Outsourcing is the best idea ???

    I'm not sure I'd call contracting outsourcing. That's more like temporary staffing, or augmentation to me.

    Outsourcing is more a wholesale service or function. I'd consider Virtual Earth outsourcing if it's...

  • RE: Learning Priorities

    You can't get overwhelmed with all the new features. You have to pick the things that matter to you to learn. Is it worth investing in SSxS? I have no...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I always figured in sparring if I hit a little harder I'd get the point :). Usually gets awarded when the other guy gives a "whoosh"

    Glad you guys never reffed...

  • RE: Which replication type to choose ??

    Likely you can set up identity ranges for each server and manage that.

    I'd look at bi-directional transactional and merge, and then see which one seems to suit your needs. Merge...

  • RE: The BackUP of the file Group of file is not permitted

    You are not really providing much information.

    In SSMS, does the database show as online?

    What are you trying to accomplish here? Why a filegroup backup, why not a full backup?

  • RE: Backup using Device

    You can expire backups, but not sure how that works with files.

    I always back up to a new file each day. If the file corrupts and you have multiple backups...

  • RE: Copy database shrinks mdf file

    What was the problem that didn't work?

  • RE: Bringing System to its Original state

    You need backups of your system and user databases.

    If you have .bak files, those are usually backups.

    Is the system completely dead?

  • RE: The BackUP of the file Group of file is not permitted

    How are you performing the backup. Are you using SSMS or T-SQL? Does the database show as online in SSMS?

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I think it's fool proof already. Just try to follow along!

    And I doubt this will ever get by on track. We're off the tracks and out of sight of them,...

Viewing 15 posts - 25,996 through 26,010 (of 39,921 total)