Two questions about the SQLServerCentral forums

• 1. Why isn't there a forum for questions about the forums?

2. What are those little descriptions that appear below the poster's names on posts? It is obvious that they denote some level of experience on the site, but there seems to be a million of them. Is there a legend somewhere?

• 1) I think you're in it.

2) I'm pretty sure Steve makes them up as he goes along. You'll notice that 800 and 8000 both say Crazy Eights or something like that.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• You gain points by posting (1 per post) or by answering the Question Of the Day correctly. Usually between 1 and 3 points

Forum Newbie - 0

Grasshopper - 10

SSC Rookie - 25

Valued Member - 50

SSC Journeyman - 75

SSC-Enthusiastic - 100

SSC Veteran - 200

Old Hand - 300

SSC-Addicted - 400

Mr or Mrs. 500 - 500

SSChasing Mays - 600

Right there with Babe - 714

SSC Eights! - 800

Ten Centuries - 1000

SSCommitted - 1500

SSCrazy - 2000

Hall of Fame - 3000

SSCarpal Tunnel - 4000

SSCertifiable - 5000

SSCrazy Eights - 8000

SSChampion - 10000

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks!

• clearly I have a long way to go points-wise, while I'm still young....

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • And when you get to SSChampion, you get a free toaster!

I wish these were online somewhere, or even better if the point value would pop up in a tooltip when you hover over the value.

• Steve used to give away SSC Polo Shirts when you reached a certain level as a forum poster, but the heck if I know what level that is, as I don't know if I hit yet or not.

• Oh you DBA's and your precision. It was more fun when it was kind of vague and mysterious.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• gcopeland (12/17/2008)

I wish these were online somewhere, or even better if the point value would pop up in a tooltip when you hover over the value.

Well they are online, in this thread now! (there's another thread here were they are listed too.)

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• GilaMonster (12/17/2008)

You gain points by posting (1 per post) or by answering the Question Of the Day correctly. Usually between 1 and 3 points

Forum Newbie - 0

Grasshopper - 10

SSC Rookie - 25

Valued Member - 50

SSC Journeyman - 75

SSC-Enthusiastic - 100

SSC Veteran - 200

Old Hand - 300

SSC-Addicted - 400

Mr or Mrs. 500 - 500

SSChasing Mays - 600

Right there with Babe - 714

SSC Eights! - 800

Ten Centuries - 1000

SSCommitted - 1500

SSCrazy - 2000

Hall of Fame - 3000

SSCarpal Tunnel - 4000

SSCertifiable - 5000

SSCrazy Eights - 8000

SSChampion - 10000

And let's not forget Brian Kelley's special one: "Keeper of the Duck".

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• gcopeland (12/17/2008)

1. Why isn't there a forum for questions about the forums?

You are in it and the Suggestions forum may have been a better place for this, but maybe not.

2. What are those little descriptions that appear below the poster's names on posts? It is obvious that they denote some level of experience on the site, but there seems to be a million of them. Is there a legend somewhere?

Some people think they are your name.

• I thought your name was Carpal Tunnel? Now I'm so confused.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Hey, someone has to make them up. I might entertain suggestions if you have them and I definitely need to get these posted somewhere permanent.

Post questions about the site anywhere, we'll get them moved around if need be.

How so many people think others are named "Carpal Tunnel" or "SSCommitted" is beyond me. Perhaps that speaks to some of our "pet names" on the Internet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply