Viewing 15 posts - 25,906 through 25,920 (of 39,921 total)
You have a few things to check here and I might break it down into a couple queries and union them.
Each would join rows with first name matching.
1. would join...
December 22, 2008 at 9:05 pm
Be sure you read a bit to understand what you're doing and don't just run the code. You could get yourself into trouble.
If you have more questions, specifically about your...
December 22, 2008 at 5:23 pm
I don't think there's a way to reset the LSNs and as Gail mentioned, you can't detach/attach.
My guess is only another full backup will work.
December 22, 2008 at 5:21 pm
If it's not in the logs, I think you're stuck.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187408(SQL.90).aspx
December 22, 2008 at 5:20 pm
Luke is correct, the parser is interpreting "GROUP" as the GROUP BY phrase. you need the square brackets.
December 22, 2008 at 2:13 pm
I agree with Luke in that I'd rewrite this to be more readable.
The order of joins shouldn't matter, and that's what has been the advice, but you never know. However...
December 22, 2008 at 2:11 pm
Happy Holidays and enjoy the end of the year, and be sure you celebrate something.
December 22, 2008 at 2:05 pm
You have good points, and I'm not discounting them, but BOL saying 2+2=5 isn't the same as them documenting something and applying a terminology to it.
Microsoft calls a role "database...
December 22, 2008 at 1:09 pm
No apology needed, bitbucket.
Thanks
December 22, 2008 at 12:59 pm
If you had to get some outside input for each one, that might not lend itself to a set based solution, especially if it's older. However if it were SQLCLR...
December 22, 2008 at 12:58 pm
yep, saw that. actually all are possible except the log backup.
I've edited the post and I'll clean up the question somehow.
December 22, 2008 at 12:48 pm
And I'd like to see you try.
I wonder how generating pin codes would be faster procedurally? Is it some randomness being introduced somehow?
December 22, 2008 at 12:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,906 through 25,920 (of 39,921 total)