Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,591 through 25,605 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Image is Everything

    Lend me a kilt and I'll put one one!!

    Thanks for the note and I do appreciate the kind words. I'd wear the Gears of War shirt, but my middle son...

  • RE: Directory name is invalid

    I'd do the restart first. If that didn't work, I'd uninstall and reinstall SSMS.

  • RE: Directory name is invalid

    Do you mean running SSMS from the server?

    Does it do it with all tables? In all databases? What about connecting to another instance?

  • RE: Which .Net Language Should We Adopt

    Mattie,

    I'd love to see in a few months how this has worked out. How the new programmer does and how well others learn/pick up the language.

  • RE: Risky Backups

    I'd agree with Wayne on sizes as well. Most of the dbs I've managed have been low GBs. Even when we had a 700GB reporting db, we had hundreds of...

  • RE: Look at the size of my BCHR

    Checking the BCHR takes only a few seconds and it gives me a quick thumb view of "is there more than this complaint?" coming. Helps me to quickly size up...

  • RE: Risky Backups

    Wayne,

    Backing up all system dbs to one file actually makes some sense. You'd likely want all of these together in a DR situation. Thanks for that note.

  • RE: Little Security Issues

    It's good to know it runs Express, and thanks for your note. I might check one of these out as a good machine to carry around on a regular basis.

  • RE: The Security of You

    Yes, they could. In fact, there are data centers that require a handprint or retinal scan to access them. They store a biometric representation of you.

  • RE: Don't Let the Economic Downturn Get You Down

    Jeff,

    I agree, he's probably not going to get the job, and probably shouldn't, but given the people I've interviewed and talked with others about, maybe he will. Surprisingly how many...

  • RE: Image is Everything

    OK, I'm really confused now. I was going to change the picture to a new shirt, but most people like the shirt.

    Hmmmmm, I think I might redo the image,...

  • RE: Performance issues after detach, move and attach

    Thanks for the update and good information. I hadn't thought that the SP would improve performance (or lack of one ruin it), but that's a handy piece of information.

  • RE: Can not edit maintenance plans

    How are you editing it? Did you open it in BIDS? IF you did, only BIDS can then edit it.

    If not, then you might have some corruption with the install....

  • RE: Detecting when a job/sproc has failed

    The job is easy, you set up an operator and set notifications for completion or failure.

    For the workstation, does someone kick this off? When it fails, meaning it stops running,...

  • RE: Templog file grew to over 200 GB

    The thing you want to check is if there are open transactions in there. That is usually what causes the log to grow crazy. Or if youhave an extremely large...

Viewing 15 posts - 25,591 through 25,605 (of 39,921 total)