Viewing 15 posts - 25,411 through 25,425 (of 39,921 total)
you don't want to shrink it. You'll just grow it when you reindex again. You want to have enough free space to handle normal data change needs, including rebuilding indexes.
February 5, 2009 at 11:28 am
My guess is you need to contact a reseller and ask for pricing.
Or call MS. This page (http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/purchase-options.aspx), shows (800) 426-9400
February 5, 2009 at 7:43 am
You do this the same as you do for a full backup, but you add the DIFFERENTIAL option
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa238405(SQL.80).aspx
February 3, 2009 at 2:28 pm
There is a restart option for RESTORE. Not sure if it will apply for you, but you can try it.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa238405(SQL.80).aspx
February 3, 2009 at 1:32 pm
If I'm doing something small, paper or Visio work well. If I need to manage and handle changes to a larger database, I prefer ERStudio over Erwin. Haven't used TOAD.
February 3, 2009 at 1:29 pm
Some good info here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/sql/2008/default.mspx
I don't think there will be a lot of difference between these exams in terms of content. If you are working with 2008 now, take that...
February 3, 2009 at 1:28 pm
There's no "best" in college. There are tiers of colleges, which are based on reputation and the networking you'll get, but for something as specific as DB research, I'm not...
February 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm
a gee-whiz fiber optic laser beam assembler?:D
February 3, 2009 at 1:23 pm
Scott,
You've got quite a problem here and I'd really suggest engaging a consultant that can help you with more detailed designs for your environment.
You are tackling a few issues here...
February 3, 2009 at 1:18 pm
I never noticed that. I'll take Chewbacca if no one else has him.
February 3, 2009 at 9:37 am
Very nice, Phil, and thanks.
It's right on that many of you out there have helped.
(post sneaked in from Keystone, CO )
February 2, 2009 at 9:00 am
I'm not sure how configurable this is. I'd have to dig into it and see if there's something we can do.
Most people don't enter a description, BTW. It's one...
January 30, 2009 at 6:43 pm
Wow, brings back memories to go look at the v1 site. Very cool and thanks for the link!
January 30, 2009 at 12:33 pm
It's hard to tell you what to do here. There are pros and cons to one or multiple tables.
I'd tend to split differing things into different tables, according to normaliztion...
January 30, 2009 at 10:43 am
SQL Server will respond to the shutdown message from Windows. I wouldn't pull the power plug, but I've restarted thousands of instances with Windows | restart with no issues.
January 30, 2009 at 10:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,411 through 25,425 (of 39,921 total)