Viewing 15 posts - 25,216 through 25,230 (of 39,921 total)
Still down?
Note that this setting is maintained in a cookie, and it's binary flipped each time you post. So if you check the box below when posting for notifications, ALL...
February 19, 2009 at 8:47 am
A group interview could be fun. Round robin style, ask each other questions. I'd tape it, maybe cut down to some interesting answers for a podcast.
Grant, you'd do fine with...
February 19, 2009 at 8:44 am
I do think there's value for the cameras being there, even if they're not watched, or even hooked up. There's a bit of a deterrent, and as you mentioned, you...
February 19, 2009 at 8:37 am
Also, do you really need so many instances? If you can consolidate, SQL can potentially make better use of memory.
February 19, 2009 at 8:32 am
You might get hired by someone that also needs a little development help and is willing to help you learn SQL Server on the job.
Tell them what you know, be...
February 19, 2009 at 7:41 am
I'll send this along to Brian and hopefully someone will address it in the seminars.
February 19, 2009 at 7:38 am
Good points there on other issues. I've had CEOs do it both ways, micro manage too much, and trust people. Both are better than someone that does "drive by mgmt"...
February 19, 2009 at 7:35 am
Couple things, are you logging the output of the maint plan? Anythign in there? not SQL Agent, but the text file the plan creates.
Are the server and tools at the...
February 18, 2009 at 4:09 pm
I think the private sector and government are sometimes competing to waste money.
My friend isn't a direct report, 4 or 5 levels down.
February 18, 2009 at 4:02 pm
Don't think so. They should all appear, but I'll ask the ?
February 18, 2009 at 3:42 pm
Intellisense? Not sure about that one, but I have a copy of SQL Prompt I can sell you ....:P
February 18, 2009 at 3:30 pm
Gail,
Page size is definitely on my list. I'll see if we can't whack that.
February 18, 2009 at 3:28 pm
There are a lot of writings on this, and you could really overthink it, but here are a few thoughts:
- giving bonuses for individuals that are high performers weakens the...
February 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm
You had a hill to push up, we couldnt even afford the hill....
Excellent, ROFL.
February 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm
The XML thing will be included with trying to fix the code formatting. I have some development resources coming available next month, so I'm trying to focus them on a...
February 18, 2009 at 1:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,216 through 25,230 (of 39,921 total)