Viewing 15 posts - 19,846 through 19,860 (of 39,936 total)
Changed it to a DMV from a table. We generically seem to use "table" for system tables, views, and DMVs, which isn't correct.
The question has been edited to say "batch"...
May 18, 2010 at 8:23 am
Buck wants to go back to the MMC, things like the right-click-MyComputer-Manage.
There were plug ins for managing SQL 2K.
I liked Enterprise Manager. Personally I'd like to replace SSMS with a...
May 18, 2010 at 8:19 am
Thanks, but even I've had periods where I haven't posted much. Course, I have to keep this baby going, so I don't get too much of a break.
I doubt I'll...
May 18, 2010 at 8:17 am
If you have separate domains, I don't think Windows Auth gives you much, and the need to sync passwords, to me, is a problem. Might as well be on the...
May 18, 2010 at 8:16 am
Likely he's busy and no time to post. Seems that people go through phases of posting and then stopping because of work.
I'll be out the next three days. Family in...
May 18, 2010 at 7:20 am
Dave Schutz (5/18/2010)
May 18, 2010 at 7:14 am
Are you a 8 hour a day company? Does business get done all day/night long? Those are good sized dbs, but not huge.
Also, is that data size, or database size?...
May 18, 2010 at 7:12 am
Ross Petersen (5/18/2010)
May 18, 2010 at 7:11 am
It sounds good overall. I don't ever append to files. If the file corrupts, especially with fulls, you're dead. Overwrite all the time, IMHO.
The thing to think about is recovery....
May 17, 2010 at 8:42 pm
It could be DBAs or developers. There's no definite way to define this, however it should be someone that understands how to do it.
May 17, 2010 at 12:59 pm
They'll also learn not to do that, or how to shrink it themselves.
Auto shrink causes more problems, performance problems, and isn't worth it. This is one of those cases where...
May 17, 2010 at 12:07 pm
You need to split the file name into strings. You can use searches to find the slash and the period and get the substring between them.
Some hints:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic679052-148-1.aspx
May 17, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Build a resume like you would for any job. Focus on your SQL skills.
Here are some hints. http://www.groovejob.com/resources/resumes/tips.html
May 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm
I've used Stefan's suggestions before successfully. Batch this into smaller transactions, say 10k at a time and it will probably go quicker.
May 17, 2010 at 12:02 pm
Have you been testing it on your machine? Maybe the cache is primed and none of it is loaded on the server?
Likely there are a few things different. I'd check...
May 17, 2010 at 12:02 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,846 through 19,860 (of 39,936 total)