Viewing 15 posts - 19,756 through 19,770 (of 39,936 total)
You'd have to move the child, disable the FK, or drop the FK. My guess is they are moving the child to another record, or a holder record.
Or they don't...
May 27, 2010 at 8:54 am
Paul White NZ (5/27/2010)
The Red Gate product seems far superior, but I am not prepared to part with money 😎
Why not? Just curious. If it really helps you, is it...
May 27, 2010 at 8:46 am
I don't think they're substituting diseases. As I read it, they don't differentiate down when the sample size is small, so you don't get Diabetes I or II for small...
May 27, 2010 at 8:44 am
You should go buy a book on the topic. There are plenty of them to help guide you along.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=SQL+Server+&x=0&y=0
May 27, 2010 at 8:26 am
I don't believe so. The indexes would need, potentially, to have the updated information in them. I'd hope that an increase in the varchar size, without new data, wouldn't touch...
May 26, 2010 at 8:23 pm
The difference between a VM and physical server is the resources allocated to it. So you can functionally do anything in a VM (perhaps not some USB stuff), but it...
May 26, 2010 at 5:19 pm
I tend to agree with you on SQL Intellisense. I don't want it to figure out objects for me, especially with functions mixed in. For those of us that like...
May 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm
Might have someone else at work head over here and compare experiences. It would be good to have multiple experiences to share back with your team.
May 26, 2010 at 12:37 pm
crookj (5/26/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (5/26/2010)
sing4you (5/26/2010)
moleguacamole
Dip
Dive
May 26, 2010 at 12:36 pm
You can parse out things possibly that can't run. There aren't a lot of commands. I would question the need for this particular command.
May 26, 2010 at 10:33 am
Snapshots are still an issue of disconnection for users, and in my mind, that's still an issue.
Replication is an issue if it breaks. It should pick up itself, or you...
May 26, 2010 at 10:32 am
I think your solution is likely a good one given your constraints. In people that I've known with this issue, the SAN is always started first, before anyone punches on...
May 26, 2010 at 10:11 am
Using SQL 2000 there isn't a good way, other than a trace, to track this down. You won't see previous changes, but you can track future ones with a trace.
Very...
May 26, 2010 at 10:08 am
You should read the white papers on how this works to better understand. DB Mirroring is designed for DR and the clients can be configured in the connection string to...
May 26, 2010 at 10:06 am
I think you'd have to execute some of these steps separately. These commands aren't usually meant to be run in a proc, or often, as they make a substantial change...
May 26, 2010 at 10:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,756 through 19,770 (of 39,936 total)