Viewing 15 posts - 19,726 through 19,740 (of 39,936 total)
A few link:
What version of RG? A TB database isn't that big these days with TB drives.
May 28, 2010 at 9:19 am
Jeffrey is right. Don't play with simple mode, unless you are going to run a full backup first, AND make sure you have a second copy off the machine before...
May 28, 2010 at 9:16 am
That sounds high to me. I would look at building a reindexing procedure that only reindexes those tables that need it. There are lots of scripts on this site that...
May 28, 2010 at 9:14 am
Jeff Moden (5/27/2010)
May 28, 2010 at 9:11 am
There likely isn't a memory change significantly. As you query the data, it will get put in the cache, regardless of which table it's from. In terms of indexing, if...
May 28, 2010 at 8:59 am
Perhaps the wrong one is gone?
The error you give relates to a row in dbo.sysmaintplans_subplans. You should be able to query the tables in MSDB to get more information...
May 28, 2010 at 8:57 am
No changes in the format for a few months. We actually have an XSD document that transforms a bunch of data returned by various queries. It's been a stable template...
May 28, 2010 at 8:55 am
I have removed the sentence about error messages since it was confusing.
May 28, 2010 at 8:52 am
What is "control m" jobs? Where did you see this? It doesn't make sense to me.
May 27, 2010 at 5:12 pm
What sizes are we talking about? I'm curious what "big" and "huge" are on your system.
I second Lynn's suggestion. You don't need to rebuild all indexes every day.
May 27, 2010 at 5:10 pm
Everyone wants to stop the log. Until they lose some data, then they want more of a log.
May 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm
Interesting idea, though search is a hard thing to solve. We have our own issues here, but I understand what you're asking.
Part of the difficulty that I see is determining...
May 27, 2010 at 5:07 pm
You'd have to be able to query the network to determine this. At any time, only one Windows name is allowed on the network, so that's unique, but you can...
May 27, 2010 at 5:05 pm
I tend to agree with Paul. Unless you are in the millions of rows range, then it doesn't necessarily help you to partition.
May 27, 2010 at 5:03 pm
So what do you want from this result? You need to define the criteria for what you want. It's not enough to say I want the first row, but define...
May 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,726 through 19,740 (of 39,936 total)