Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 18,931 through 18,945 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Auditing Events

    Not sure, need to do it at the UGs locally, then probably some SQL Saturdays. Though I'm not sure I want to do 3 a day. Usually committed for 2...

  • RE: Auditing Events

    LOL, no, no audit for me. I am working on an auditing presentation, and in research /testing, I built a bunch of questions and writing.

  • RE: Auditing

    Katherine Fraser (7/30/2010)


    I'll be using Service Broker to log the accesses, sending encrypted messages, and storing it in a database encrypted with TDE. I'm not sure what the volume...

  • RE: Auditing

    bwillsie-842793 (7/30/2010)


    Does SQL Server have an integrated audit function built in? Something that would let you audit changes to particular fields in tables and grab date, time, userid, and...

  • RE: Feedback for IT

    LOL, that's funny. Actually a friend from the SQL world is coming to the SQL Saturday in Denver, and bringing his wife to meet mine 😛

    Some companies in the US...

  • RE: Fall 2010 Speaking Opportunities

    pareshmotiwala (7/30/2010)


    I would like to speak about DBAs and Networking(business networking).

    If chosen are airfare/hotels covered?

    REgards

    Paresh

    These events are all free, with limited budgets. You would have to ask each individual organizer...

  • RE: Fall 2010 Speaking Opportunities

    The Colorado event is in South Denver, #52

    http://www.sqlsaturday.com/52/eventhome.aspx

  • RE: Auditing Events

    bbop1322 (7/30/2010)


    Now, if someone wants to share what types of Audits they have setup for HIPAA purposes i would be able to get that promotion, jk, but it would be...

  • RE: Auditing Events

    Sourav-657741 (7/29/2010)


    By default, the audit events are written to the audit target in an asynchronous fashion. Question was not posted properly I guess.

    The question was not asking about defaults, so...

  • RE: Back up File Analsys

    I don't think you can. You can set a retention period, but I believe that reuses space, similar to overwriting something on a tape. However it doesn't free up space.

    You...

  • RE: Database Snapshot

    You can restore FROM a snapshot, but you cannot restore A snapshot.

    The backup would seem to be trivial. Read pages from snapshot or source db, write to disk.

    Hmmm, a suggestions....

  • RE: Back up File Analsys

    Note that I wouldn't recommend this. I'd move each backup to a new file. If you have any issue with this file, and you could over time, you lose lots...

  • RE: Index issues

    If the data is inside a transaction on the insert, it might not appear until the transaction commits.

  • RE: Index issues

    It's got to be something in the data. Your test view definition only returns one row, so it's not really a view test.

    If you use < and < instead of...

  • RE: Index issues

    It's got to be in the conversions and the data. You're relying on implicit conversions here. You ought to be using quotes and ensuring the correct date is being used.

    Or...

Viewing 15 posts - 18,931 through 18,945 (of 39,936 total)