Viewing 15 posts - 18,811 through 18,825 (of 39,936 total)
Buffering isn't something I've typically worried about. Are you selecting millions of records? If not, I wouldn't be concerned here. The default isolation works fine.
Replication was a little shaky in...
August 10, 2010 at 7:29 am
The insert will occur inside the clustered index, and if there is not enough space, a page split will occur.
August 10, 2010 at 7:27 am
This would be cumbersome in T-SQL. You'd be better off running SQL Trace and capturing all changes that way, replaying them against another copy of the database.
August 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm
If only I had a shirt like that .....
August 9, 2010 at 9:44 pm
It sounds like it might be stuck. Perhaps the connection was lost for some reason, or there's some OS item that's waiting on a response. I'd kill it and try...
August 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm
GilaMonster (8/9/2010)
bitbucket-25253 (8/9/2010)
... or teaching him you catch more flies with honey than vinegar?
Thing is, he's not behaving that way out of ignorance. He's behaving that way because he wants...
August 9, 2010 at 2:40 pm
Use configuration manager to set a specific port for the named instances, then enable the firewall, allow traffic through for those ports. Specify as listed above.
server, port
August 9, 2010 at 9:49 am
So this is a virtual SQL Server community? Or are we the architects working behind the scenes?
Ahhh, my head hurts on Monday morning.
August 9, 2010 at 9:46 am
Why do you think you need to shrink every night? I'd submit to you that you don't, and that you don't really understand the implications of doing that. you're also...
August 9, 2010 at 9:46 am
Use DBCC SHRINKFILE to reduce the size of the file. You need to leave free space immediately, as you want to reindex your tables as the shrink will fragment the...
August 9, 2010 at 9:26 am
Do you know what statistics are? They are a sampling of the table that tries to determine what the distribution of data is for that particular column. This helps the...
August 9, 2010 at 9:13 am
I'm not sure what The Thread is.
August 9, 2010 at 9:10 am
I tend to agree with Gail, but I'd look over the last few backups. How large are they? How much are they growing? Each one should be in the 150GB...
August 9, 2010 at 9:09 am
Please post it on the T-SQL Challenges site.
August 9, 2010 at 8:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,811 through 18,825 (of 39,936 total)