Viewing 15 posts - 18,766 through 18,780 (of 39,936 total)
How are you running this from the batch file?
The -E parameter uses Windows authentication. If you run from the command line, it uses your Windows credentials. If you schedule this...
August 16, 2010 at 1:05 pm
You can script it, though I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. Why "Control" permission? This is typically a higher level of permissions than most users need.
The GRANT...
August 16, 2010 at 1:04 pm
Those are good books. I'd add in as well that Kevin Kline's SQL in a nutshell is a nice intro.
August 16, 2010 at 12:53 pm
Glad you've moved on, and a nice editorial. I agree that these challenging jobs help you learn, but I agree with Andy. Easy to get stuck there.
I think you need...
August 16, 2010 at 8:31 am
Jack Corbett (8/16/2010)
August 16, 2010 at 8:27 am
First the Summit is typically around 1500 people that pay. Leave out volunteers, speakers, and that's about what the Summit is. Sometimes smaller. I suspect the Rally will be smaller,...
August 16, 2010 at 8:11 am
The same article can be sent to multiple subscribers.
You set up a new subscriber, point to the existing articles. You can remove the first subscriber, or leave it there.
August 16, 2010 at 8:08 am
Honestly, this is a place I'd use a CTE since it's cleaner, IMHO, to read. And it's becoming a bit of a convention in code.
With W (applnbr, application_count)
as
(
...
August 16, 2010 at 8:04 am
I'll see about sending an email/digest out.
This is one of those things that I'd like to push a little, experiment with, if I make it on the board. If not,...
August 16, 2010 at 8:02 am
I think the SQL Rally is designed to "try" some things out that don't happen at the Summit, and get more speakers there. Personally I'd like to have people submit...
August 16, 2010 at 8:00 am
I think SSWUG is shaky, ethically. It's not illegal, but it feels like a trick, or scam. I clicked through, got a page to "register" for free, to get to...
August 16, 2010 at 7:53 am
Yes, you can back up and restore a database that has CDC enabled.
August 15, 2010 at 7:37 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,766 through 18,780 (of 39,936 total)