Viewing 15 posts - 18,406 through 18,420 (of 39,936 total)
First, never grant privileges to users. Create a role, grant rights to the role, add users to the role. You do this for the exact reason that you are trying...
September 8, 2010 at 4:11 pm
While I haven't used BackupExec 12, I've had experience with 11, 10, a few other versions. I've always had issues doing restores with BackupExec, especially when I had a disaster.
As...
September 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm
I've seen both. I like the crossover cable since it's easy to setup and less to break.
September 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm
You can also do a backup/restore or detach/attach on the production server, but be sure that it's what you really want to move.
There are also compare tools, like SQL Compare...
September 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm
I had someone reply that if you removed the mirroring ports from the witness (endpoints), it would be available to be set back up again.
September 8, 2010 at 1:30 pm
I'd do this with scripting, as that could easily be embedded in an SSIS package if needed.
I'd do my backup on the first server, using a separate file/name for each...
September 8, 2010 at 1:29 pm
I'm assuming you mean you want to remote mirroring from the witness, when it's not connected to the other servers?
I haven't found a process for this. Still looking. Everything says...
September 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm
I think Lutz has some bad karma going. It seems every weird thread I come across with a difficult OP is one in which Lutz is answering. :w00t:
September 8, 2010 at 1:09 pm
The forum code is integrated into the rest of the site. Probably some breakage there.
September 8, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Yes it can. Any number of things are read from the registry during boot and if it's messed up, you can be stuck with a server you cannot recover.
backups would...
September 8, 2010 at 12:00 pm
I believe a visit is a login/session. So you can view multiple pages, or post multiple times per visit. It's not pages you've viewed.
We also give points for the question...
September 8, 2010 at 10:45 am
Giddy up? Like this:

Or this? My wife got me out this weekend

September 8, 2010 at 10:31 am
That should work. AFAIK, the database version is the same on SQL 2005, regardless of Service Pack.
September 8, 2010 at 9:35 am
The x86 v x64 matters a lot here. Also, are you sure this instance of SQL is configured for 8GB? What's shown (Exactly) if you run sp_configure for this instance.
September 8, 2010 at 9:34 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,406 through 18,420 (of 39,936 total)