Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 18,151 through 18,165 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Chuck Norris, DBA

    :), but I don't get it.

    Am I out of touch with Chuck Norris lore?

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jack Corbett (9/22/2010)


    jcrawf02 (9/22/2010)


    It is the only way I get any points, after all. Damn Hugo and his questions!

    😉

    [rant?]

    By the way, just read Tom LaRock's post, am I the only...

  • RE: Race to post 1,000,000

    I wish I got paid by the post. I spend too much time here some days, and it gets me jammed up in other areas.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (9/22/2010)


    😀

    It's been a long time since I've written verse though (and I can't claim any of that was particularly good)

    Could we get a South African rap?

    SQL Queen Gail of...

  • RE: PASS Virtual Chapter Meetings

    That's interesting. Didn't notice the sponsored by. I'll have to try and sit in on a few more and make sure these are good community events.

  • RE: Forum for MySQL issues

    TaDa, added an "other platforms" forum at the top level.

    MySQL is here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Forum2789-1.aspx

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Paul White NZ (9/22/2010)


    Steve Jones - Editor (9/22/2010)


    CirquedeSQLeil (9/22/2010)


    I don't see any way Gail beats the thread to 20k unless the thread keels over.

    well of course not, not at the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    CirquedeSQLeil (9/22/2010)


    I don't see any way Gail beats the thread to 20k unless the thread keels over.

    well of course not, not at the rate you people keep posting on this...

  • RE: backup database

    It doesn't make sense, but I can see people trying to do this and thinking they can somehow capture all changes with a backup and a verify, or a reindexing,...

  • RE: PASS Virtual Chapter Meetings

    Which one was this? Typically the one's I've seen don't have any sales in them. If they do, that's a poor pitch. There are some marketing webinars, and we have...

  • RE: Eliminating Duplicate Rows using The PARTITION BY clause

    This is a solution that fits some problem domains. One that might have poor database design, or other issues, but that can be a very large domain of systems.

    Disregarding this...

  • RE: Tips on studying for certifications

    zenchew (9/21/2010)


    I think braindumps are the best way to preparation.

    Braindumps are not the best way to prepare. They a shortcut and they don't teach you. We have enough people that...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    A white WS is possible, but it seems the Rockies are looking to get really close and then fade. Lost to the AZ boys last night.

    When the WS was here...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Jan Van der Eecken (9/22/2010)


    Maybe you should just stop digging in poles and fences and whatever other hard labour you are performing out there at The Ranch? Leave that to...

  • RE: What Do We Need in SQL Server?

    sandor.pakh (9/22/2010)


    Source control integration with various source control systems like Team Foundation directly from SSMS.

    Note that Red Gate (my employer) has a tool that does this. SQL Source Control, if...

Viewing 15 posts - 18,151 through 18,165 (of 39,936 total)