Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39,936 total)
I like Scott's approach overall, though I dislike temp tables. Sure, they work, but if this fails or gets stopped/interrupted, I like to know where things are. I'd likely make...
September 28, 2026 at 10:20 pm
I'm sure you have a lot more wisdom. I feel often that it seems experience goes away, but only in a limited sense. So much of the world doesn't really...
September 28, 2026 at 3:03 pm
All depends on what the workload is. I might use the view approach, or I might do something differently. Hence why I asked the OP questions.
September 25, 2026 at 5:45 pm
You have to query every table. However, 1 large view means S locks on lots/all tables as you combine them (potentially). A cursor means fewer locks at once, but serial...
September 24, 2026 at 10:33 pm
There isn't a great way to do this. The view thing works, but it's still creating a big query. Is this a spur of the moment thing or a regular...
September 24, 2026 at 5:29 pm
Interesting views. There certainly can be value in studying, or slowing down.
I think as we gain experience, we also get an idea of how much work is involved in automation....
September 21, 2026 at 6:28 pm
Hopefully a rare occurrence. I think modern hardware sometimes spoils us into thinking it rarely fails, but it still does.
September 21, 2026 at 4:02 pm
Too many of these philosophies are taken as "exact" by people. DevOps means keep getting better. It's what Toyota did, what Deming did, it's what martial arts has taught for...
September 21, 2026 at 3:32 pm
I (surprising to me), am not a big graphic fan novel, especially after loving comics, but it's cool that they did this.
September 21, 2026 at 2:49 pm
Lol, in the context of software, this one is perfect: If you want it real bad, that's frequently the way you'll get it.
September 21, 2026 at 2:29 pm
WOW, Steve, I didn't realize that the world is moving in a direction like this. I trust you when you say people (companies) are adopting multiple database platforms that...
September 17, 2026 at 2:40 pm
WOW, Steve, I didn't realize that the world is moving in a direction like this. I trust you when you say people (companies) are adopting multiple database platforms that...
September 17, 2026 at 2:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39,936 total)