Viewing 15 posts - 17,806 through 17,820 (of 39,928 total)
I agree with Gail, no additional licensing cost. It's possible that the person is thinking of Oracle, or some other platform. Or thinking that a separate instance is needed for...
October 25, 2010 at 8:23 am
Strange, I've seen something similar, but usually gotten some type of SSPI error in the event logs. It almost sounds like some strange corruption issue, but it seems that the...
October 25, 2010 at 8:20 am
There's no other way. If permissions will allow people to add/remove columns and you cannot handle this administratively (manager talking to them), then you're stuck.
Ultimately this is a reason to...
October 25, 2010 at 7:48 am
That is strange. A couple questions
1. What's in the Event logs? (System and security)
2. Have you tried more than one account, or just the one. Could there be some computer...
October 25, 2010 at 7:29 am
The only other way that might work is with a log reader tool, but you would have to purchase them.
The default trace is what I'd suggest first.
October 25, 2010 at 7:26 am
You wouldn't want the sa password to be scripted out, even encrypted. That would allow someone the chance to move it to another instance and spend time trying to crack...
October 25, 2010 at 7:25 am
Alvin Ramard (10/22/2010)
[rant]I'm getting sick and tired of having to deal with people trying to use SSIS without taking the time to learn how to use it first!!!!!!!!
[/rant]
I guess my...
October 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm
I've never seen that before. When you say installed, do you mean media? Or an .iso you downloaded?
October 21, 2010 at 3:05 pm
On one hand it's good to have that stuff posted. Helps to weed out the people that don't bother to research anything.
October 21, 2010 at 2:39 pm
Horses
Grrrr, busted out this morning and forced a chase by the inept guard (me)
October 21, 2010 at 2:36 pm
Indexes are built using extents (allocations of pages ) in the db file. As the index is built, it gets new pages from the file that are not necessarily contiguous,...
October 21, 2010 at 11:24 am
Note that you would take the output of Lowell's script and execute it in SSMS as a query to alter all tables.
The idea is that you are using code to...
October 21, 2010 at 11:22 am
We've done a variety of things here. Bike rides or hikes usually go over well with the kids in Colorado.
Movie night, video game times, those are fun. We've gotten Rock...
October 21, 2010 at 10:42 am
The typo is corrected and I will award back points for those that might have mistakenly picked up on that.
October 21, 2010 at 8:26 am
I know that some of these people are annoying, but let's try not to pile on too much. Just post that you expect them to do some work, or something...
October 20, 2010 at 4:05 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,806 through 17,820 (of 39,928 total)