Viewing 15 posts - 17,791 through 17,805 (of 39,928 total)
I would say that Gus' suggestion of one big trigger allows you to see all the code, and perhaps optimize it. You might have a trigger designed for a certain...
October 26, 2010 at 8:44 am
GSquared (10/26/2010)
Today's XKCD is definitely worth a look. (It has some "NSFW language" in it.)
Excellent
October 26, 2010 at 8:40 am
Each trigger adds to the transaction time since it is included in the transaction that is doing the update. That can impact performance as locks are held longer to complete...
October 26, 2010 at 8:01 am
David Stout (10/26/2010)
PASS and use SSC2010 as the code.
Note that...
October 26, 2010 at 7:46 am
You don't quite have enough information. Is there not a key in the positions table? Is it allowed that there are multiple positions with a department? There's not enough sample...
October 26, 2010 at 7:44 am
Indeed, that's a tough one. I've dealt with those migrations. that is a case where you wish you had GUIDs
October 25, 2010 at 10:08 am
The copy will no degragment the file. It might move the various segments on disk around, but it will not move the internal allocations.
You need to rebuild clustered indexes to...
October 25, 2010 at 9:25 am
I think that we'll get back globally at some point. Maybe not the same point for all countries, but the economies will rebound for most places.
I've seen and heard doom...
October 25, 2010 at 9:18 am
If you want to delete the old backup first because of space constraints, make sure you have it on another server. Because your server will choose to fail right between...
October 25, 2010 at 9:16 am
I watched the last 4 innings Sat night of the Giants/Phillies game. Fantastic ending. Can't believe that Howard didn't swing. He'll be thinking about that for a long, long time.
October 25, 2010 at 9:15 am
The agent can't log into other servers: no rights.
However, you can proxy a job with another account. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189064.aspx
October 25, 2010 at 9:03 am
I figure I can just fix the hunter's computer and let him get me a cow 🙂
October 25, 2010 at 9:02 am
Alvin Ramard (10/25/2010)
The old saying about give a man a fish ...... teach a man how to fish ..... just came to mind.
I think it's more like "do it for...
October 25, 2010 at 8:36 am
Some people are definitely not sure about how to research something, or unwilling to try. Or they want a quick solution without work.
October 25, 2010 at 8:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,791 through 17,805 (of 39,928 total)