Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,876 through 16,890 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Transactions in an archive process

    Brandie has a great point. What you have written will move everything, but you ought to have error handling.

    I might also write a "check" routine that verifies the counts of...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Thanks, everyone, and SQL Saturday #60 was great. I enjoyed Jeff's session, and conversation. Ron (bitbucket) made the hotel deals and helped ensure the event ran very smoothly, and gave...

  • RE: I lied, now what?

    djackson 22568 (2/7/2011)


    Applicants should be honest. It is better in the long run. Companies need to wake up, however, and stop treating people like dogs. They will...

  • RE: SQL: Two rows in one

    If you need more help, search for cross tab query or report. That's what you are doing. You can also look at the PIVOT command.

  • RE: SPID history

    SPIDs are reused, and I don't think you can track this down. Not sure if anything that you are looking for is in the default trace, but worth a look.

    The...

  • RE: Use of multiple.mdf file or .ndf file

    Burning data to DVDs is somewhat irrelevant. That's a file copy operation, and it can be a good way to transfer data. Since you cannot burn from SQL Server, the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I had the pleasure of Mr. Moden's company at dinner for a couple hours tonight at SQL Saturday #60. If any of you find yourself in the same town as...

  • RE: Clearning the transaction log

    GilaMonster (2/4/2011)


    Tom.Thomson (2/3/2011)


    It will be interesting to see how many manage to get it wrong.

    And how many gripe about Steve's spelling :hehe:

    Yes, Steve can't spell. I completely blame Firefox for...

  • RE: Where are you?

    Cleveland, Ohio....Ohio.....Ohio.... (think Drew Carey)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Tom, I'm less than concerned with debates in the editorial forum, or this Anything Not about SQL forum. Those are there for opinionated debate. It's the technical threads I worry...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm not calling out any particular person, and I've certainly been guilty of posting a few less than professional things in my time. I'm just asking you to think about...

  • RE: SHUTDOWN SQL command

    SHUTDOWN is a T-SQL command, so you need a connection to execute it. It's the same, essentially, as clicking "Stop" in Services.

    If you can't connect to SQL, have you tried...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    On a lighter note, I paid my fees to play baseball here in 2011.

    Now I need to start throwing.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    🙁

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Greg Edwards-268690 (2/3/2011)


    U R RIT to DLT

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Viewing 15 posts - 16,876 through 16,890 (of 39,922 total)