Viewing 15 posts - 16,696 through 16,710 (of 39,922 total)
Anything in particular? Something that the Database Design stairway did not cover well for you? I know they're different topics, but I'm looking for input on what direction you might...
March 10, 2011 at 10:07 am
Go for it. Submit them through the "Write For Us" link on the left when you can.
March 10, 2011 at 10:06 am
I'm thinking working BIDS, but getting the packages back to the file system (easy) or deploying out to a new SQL Server for running as an Agent Job.
I saw a...
March 10, 2011 at 10:02 am
I like numbers, perhaps not fascinated. days like 10/10/10 make me smile, but I don't necessarily look forward to them.
I do enjoy helping my kid to algebra, breaking down polynomials,...
March 10, 2011 at 9:45 am
Here's a short article on calendar tables, if you need one: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/70482/
March 10, 2011 at 9:43 am
A few links for you:
2005, WinterCorp: 19TB warehouse - http://www.wintercorp.com/VLDB/2005_TopTen_Survey/2005TopTenWinners.pdf
Paul Randal's survey, 3 people over 100TB: http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Bigger-is-better.aspx
1.1PB SQL Server: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Applauds-1-1-Petabytes-SQL-Server-2008-Database-97388.shtml
March 10, 2011 at 9:34 am
check with the network company and ask them. Depending on your bandwidth, you may not be getting a good connection from the hosting company.
Here, I get around 800mpbs, and I'd...
March 10, 2011 at 9:28 am
One thing you should always consider with DBCC CHECKDB is running it on another server with a restored database.
March 9, 2011 at 5:02 pm
No worries, I'll close this one.
March 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm
Mark W Johnson (3/9/2011)
March 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm
Do you mean any row with a repeating letter? What about "letter" itself? It's a valid repetition.
March 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm
I might look at the plans in cache, and the transactions by database (Databases object) and compare those a bit.
Ultimately if you want to move the high resource items, you...
March 9, 2011 at 12:51 pm
We see two quad core processors in the VM. (8 virtual CPUs)
March 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm
jcrawf02 (3/9/2011)
Steve, are you aware that you're sitting on a gold mine? Your barn could power Denver!
Not sure it's a "gold" mine, but I need to get me one of...
March 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm
Have you looked at ROLLUP or CUBE as options with the aggregate?
March 9, 2011 at 9:22 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,696 through 16,710 (of 39,922 total)