Viewing 15 posts - 16,681 through 16,695 (of 39,922 total)
How is the data coming in? Is this loaded through SSIS/bcp or is it in another table?
I would use Greg's statement to build the SQL I needed and then use...
March 11, 2011 at 7:38 am
Database Mail isn't a mail server. It has to route through Exchange or some other mail server to get to your inbox. The data is only stored in msdb long...
March 11, 2011 at 7:37 am
Best of luck there. 30 seems high, but it really depends on your SAN, the spindles, fiber speeds, etc.
March 10, 2011 at 8:31 pm
For SQL Server, for your mdf/ldf disks, free space on the disk drive has nothing to do with the performance of the disks. Why would it? There's no swapping out...
March 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm
There are lots of scripts on the site here. You might try searching for "restore log"
Here's one: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/T-Log/69750/
March 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm
The state and message are just standard SQL completion codes. Nothing special there.
I suspect the logic in your job step isn't correct for subsequent runs.
March 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm
The amount of space in the MDF file has zero to do with the performance of the disks. If you have high I/O, then you either don't have enough spindles,...
March 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm
What command did you run? I don't like shrinkdb because you can't control it well. I prefer shrinkfile if I need to get back space and clear things up.
However, do...
March 10, 2011 at 11:49 am
You cannot backup and restore partitions. You can do filegroups, and if that contains just your partition, I believe you can restore that filegroup, then switch in the partition.
The other...
March 10, 2011 at 10:57 am
Excellent, and I'll try to edit it in a timely manner :hehe:
March 10, 2011 at 10:24 am
The logging can be just inserting rows in a table somewhere. Something easy in your control flow that just adds a step before/after each loop through a file.
March 10, 2011 at 10:19 am
It might help in upgrades, but I don't think the risk of the feature being used elsewhere is worth implementing it.
March 10, 2011 at 10:18 am
drowlfs (3/10/2011)
March 10, 2011 at 10:16 am
TravisDBA (3/10/2011)
March 10, 2011 at 10:10 am
Seems like overall news has been quiet. Rockies seem to be having a quiet camp.
The old men had practice last weekend, and that was good. Swung a bat for the...
March 10, 2011 at 10:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,681 through 16,695 (of 39,922 total)